ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 phantom gaming 4 boot led

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cazzz18710 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 11:25pm
Had the same problem, first I got a blue screen of death, rebooted, worked fine for a couple seconds, then PC locked up. Rebooted again and that Boot light came on, Tried resetting cmos, changing mem slots checked all plugs and connections. nothing fixed it. A few weeks ago I upgraded the Junk HP memory that came with the PC to Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16 GB 3200 MHz. Worked fine until today. after trying all kinds of stuff I swapped back to the 16GB HP memory and it booted up just fine.
kikiriki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kikiriki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 6:53pm
Have the same issue. Recieved the motherboard + AMD Ryzen 5 1600. I have one stick of 32GB RAM.

When I hooked up everything the computer worked for several hours. I installed Ubuntu 20.04 normally, everything worked. After returning to the PC several hours later the display was blank. Upon several resets I checked the MB and found this red BOOT led.

I sent a request to the seller, I will probably have to return this MB + CPU. But I hate going through this hassle if it can maybe me solved another way.

Attempted so far:
- removed all hard drives
- tried with another PSU
- switched RAM to different slot
- tried another 4GB DDR4 ram stick in multiple slots from another computer
- tried removing the cmos battery for 30 minutes
- tried re-seating the CPU - upon removing the heatsink I can say that the thermal paste was perfectly applied the first time

Any other ideas maybe?

And I am really curious what could have caused this. To have everything work perfectly and then just dies. Maybe something overheated and permanently damaged the CPU or MB? But why a BOOT LED, why not a CPU LED. So strange...
kikiriki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kikiriki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 6:59pm
Replying to myself.

Tested CPU on another motherboard. Also doesnt work.

Tested another CPU on this motherboard and it works.

Verdict, CPU died, will be returned. Defective I guess...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic