ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heads up on AB350 and X370 itx uefi update?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:36am
[URL=][/URL]Last few day I have been trying to get the custom Pstates working, so yes have been using the AMD Mode. Pstate OC seems broken on this board so today I went back to "Asrock Mode" -I find the menu layout more convenient -and some say its faster.
(edit: Actually Pstate OC is working,but CPU-Z only show P0 frequency)

What are your XMP setings?

Edited by WinWiz - 11 Aug 2018 at 4:56pm
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:43am
This Mobo sure is strange in some ways. If I OC the integrated GFX in my 2400G it breaks the Core Boost function. With stock GFX frequency, the Core Boost will drop to 3750-3800MHz when alle CPU threads are loaded. But when the GFX is OC'd the Core Boost stays at 3900MHz with all CPU threads loaded 100% -So my system becomes unstable. 
SYS64738 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYS64738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 6:29am
Originally posted by SYS64738 SYS64738 wrote:

Any advice on how to disable memory training in this UEFI version?

As there seems to be no option to disable the training sequence after cold boot in the latest UEFI version I would really like ASRock to include it in an upcoming update. My understanding is that other am4 boards have this option.
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 2:25am
I haven't tested this but there is a FAIL_CNT option to set number of training retries before booting in recovery mode. Maybe setting this to 0 disable ram training? This option is located in: Amd cbs\umc common options\dram timing configuration\
SYS64738 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYS64738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by WinWiz WinWiz wrote:

I haven't tested this but there is a FAIL_CNT option to set number of training retries before booting in recovery mode. Maybe setting this to 0 disable ram training? This option is located in: Amd cbs\umc common options\dram timing configuration\

Unfortunately not, this leeds to infinite loops. Tested this last week and had the same assumption.

On another note I ran the 3dmark Firestrike benchmark and it crashes now instantly. I did update the AMD display driver around the same time as the UEFI I think, so I don't know the exact issue. Definitely not a smooth sail
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 11:20pm
If your system is unstable at stock settings, I would recommend you underclock you ram to 2400MHz and test stability with prime, 3dmark and coldboot. If 2400MHz is stable up the ram frequency one step and test again. Proced until you find your systems max stable memory frequency.
SYS64738 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYS64738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 12:43am
Originally posted by WinWiz WinWiz wrote:

If your system is unstable at stock settings, I would recommend you underclock you ram to 2400MHz and test stability with prime, 3dmark and coldboot. If 2400MHz is stable up the ram frequency one step and test again. Proced until you find your systems max stable memory frequency.

Thanks, but I am just stunned that the setup is less stable than with the old bios, which ran 3200MHz just fine.
dspcmn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dspcmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 5:16pm
I don't know if I should open another thread and honestly don't know if the results are different with previous FWs, anyway I've found out last week that chassis fan headers behaves differently (AB350 ITX FW 4.70).

I have a PWM fan that's rated for 1850 RPM (+/- 10% according to manufacturer): when connected on CHA_FAN1 (the one that can also power a water pump) the internal sensor reports only ~1400 RPM if set to full speed on the BIOS.

I didn't cared as in idle usually 500~600 RPM are enough to keep the system temperature sensor to 44 C (25~26 C room temperature) and the fan is inaudible at that speed, the problem was that I noticed after resuming from S3 (suspend to RAM) the fan didn't spin up, not even when the temperature sensor reached ~50 C (using a customized profile).

I spent a few days trying to find a reasonable compromise with fan speed and noise and trying different options without success, until I tried the CHA_FAN2 header. Surprise: when set to full speed the sensor reads ~1800 RPM and no more stopped fan after resuming from S3.

Mobawe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mobawe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 11:16pm
Hi

Seems that there is just a new uefi version 4.71 out for the AB350 ITX- I have no idea what it fixes but it is online on the German vendor site I think. There is a link to it in the post 

Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP.

I am a little reluctant to just fire it up since I prefer to have others write about possible issues first ha ha- But ok- We will see what it fixes.

Ryzen 5 2400g/ ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ NH-L9A-AM4 L.PROFILE/ INWIN-CHOPIN 150W/ G.Skill Ripjaws V-DDR4,2x8-3600MHz(F4-3600C16D-16GVK)/ Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E500-SSD-500GB/ UEFI-bios 4.51A
Naervern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naervern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:43pm
Just came looking for any clues on the fix for bios profile loading freezes on a X370FPG. Currently at P4.40 and can't feel the need to update again unless this issue gets finally fixed.

As for testing for wether this is related to XMP, I actually got a BIOS-level crash (code 00) when saving a profile with XMP disabled, then turning it back on.

It is a shame this bug with AM4 boards is not yet fixed, since from tests I could still get better OCing in this board than on either the MSI x370 M7 and the adus C6H, with also a good damn squeeze out the RAM timings on some Adata XPG Z1 2400C16 (running 3200 before BCLK tweak at 15-15-15-15-32-48 at 28 tFAW, 16 tWR, 448 tRFC and 15 tCWL).

Have been wondering if a x470 taichi upgrade would be worth, but as it seems this annoying profile issue still spoils the grill, I'd rather chill down and just accept this x370fpg with its buggy UEFI for now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic