ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A couple of problems with Asrock X570 Taichi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 9:36am
Or if you can't reproduce it too? That would help confirming the hardware is actually defective in my case, and RMA would make sense.
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 4:04am
Another confirimation of the LEDs bug: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/e8sqde/new_asrock_x570_taichi_bios_270_just_out/fag4h6r/

Seriously, someone from Asrock should pull this together and fix it, or confirm that it's an unfixable hardware problem that RMA can actually address.
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 12:53am
After a long wait, 2.80 finally came out for X570 Taichi, but the Dr. Debug LEDs bug is still not fixed :( It still glows after resuming from suspend.

I guess Asrock can't or don't plant to fix this issue.
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 12:55am
Is there even a point to request an RMA for the board? Asrock offered it, but I have no idea if replacement will have the same bug or not.
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 12:43am
Just updated to UEFI 3.00 for X570 Taichi and this issue is now partially fixed! At least the numeric value of Dr. Debug stopped glowing after resume now!

However words "Reset" and "Power" are still glowing (i.e. ones shown here:

That's finally some progress!

Can you please also fix the glowing words on those on-board buttons?
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 12:26pm
UEFI 3.40 finally fixed this bug! Thanks Asrock!
tinsuke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinsuke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 3:10am
I have updated the BIOS to the new 3.60 (AGESA 1.1.0.0) to get ready for the new Ryzen 5000 that launch next week. And, guess what?

The LED problem is happening again for the power and reset buttons on the motherboard, now when the PC is off (Power State S5).

Damn it, I wouldn't want to downgrade to 3.40, since it doesn't have the performant AGESA for Ryzen 5000.
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 3:14am
Originally posted by tinsuke tinsuke wrote:

I have updated the BIOS to the new 3.60 (AGESA 1.1.0.0) to get ready for the new Ryzen 5000 that launch next week. And, guess what?

The LED problem is happening again for the power and reset buttons on the motherboard, now when the PC is off (Power State S5).

Damn it, I wouldn't want to downgrade to 3.40, since it doesn't have the performant AGESA for Ryzen 5000.

Oh, that's bad. Can you contact Asrock support with this detail please? Since it worked with 3.40, the should be able to narrow down what regressed again.
tinsuke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tinsuke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 3:43am
Originally posted by shmerl shmerl wrote:

Oh, that's bad. Can you contact Asrock support with this detail please? Since it worked with 3.40, the should be able to narrow down what regressed again.

Done! Let's see if they can address this promptly.
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by tinsuke tinsuke wrote:

Done! Let's see if they can address this promptly.

Did they respond anything? In the past I had hard time convincing them even to acknowledge the problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic