ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock x470 taichi issues.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wandererqq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock x470 taichi issues.
    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 5:01pm
Hi all
Recently I build a new pc with the following parts: Ryzen , asrock Taichi X470(using 1.52 bios beta version) , G.Skill Flare X 16GB 3200 14CLt, msi rtx 2080 gaming x trio, PSU seasonic 850w platinum, case nzxt h500i and for cpu cooling kraken x62. I have OC my memory with Ryzen dram calculator to 3466mhz with safe settings and on my cpu I can't pass 4.15ghz on all cores even if out the stock xmp settings on memory. The temp I'm seeing on idle is 35-40c and around 70-75c on load on my cpu (I don't know if those temps are normal either). I have seen many videos on YouTube ppl getting easily 4.2 - 4.3ghz without even using an AIO. Can anyone give an insight since it's my first time using an AMD cpu and asrock mobo maybe I'm doing something wrong. Something else when I'm trying to enable xfr and PBO from bios the system fails to boot. Can't get even to bios screen.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 7:02pm
you should bring the ram down to 3200 or lower before testing the limits of your cpu overclock and the other way around to test the limits of your ram. Thats the best way in ocing hmmm i dont touch any settings in my cpu it avg 4.2 and 4.3 on some cores on its own.

xfr doesn't work 

btw can you show me your RDC settings for 3466 
Wandererqq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wandererqq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 7:37pm
So in order to achieve 4.2+ I have to leave the memory clock in auto? Because if I don't use the xmp profile at 3200 is starts with around 2400 I think not sure. For the timings on memory on 3466 I just copy the numbers from Ryzen dram calculator
Program. So the XFR isn't working at all or is just a bios problem?
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:03pm
use the xmp profile and start at 3200 then push the cpu until it crashes so you know the upper limit or your cpu. Then bring back the cpu to stock and push the ram after that combine your findings 

xfr seems to be broken because it does negative voltage offset with it enabled

as for the RDC @3466 i just want to see the values because i cannot run my kits at 3400+ stable so your settings might give me hope :D

Wandererqq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wandererqq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 12:27am
Was testing all day 4.15ghz on all cores and 3466 on memory with the fast settings from Ryzen dram calculator was the best I could get. Still even with AIO cooling the idle is kinda high around 40 and max I saw around 80
brucer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brucer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 1:03am
Originally posted by LandyLee LandyLee wrote:

Deleted by Moderator

really, This Spam...

Edited by Xaltar - 28 Jul 2019 at 1:26am
Asrock x570 Taichi, Ryzen3800x, 32gb Gskill Royal 36000mhz@ 3733mhz, Samsung 250gb 970evo plus for OS drive, Sabrent Rocket 1tb nvme storage drive.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic