ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac, XFR2 and PBO options
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac, XFR2 and PBO options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZikTak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac, XFR2 and PBO options
    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 6:38pm
Good day all

I just paired the Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard with a Ryzen 5 2600 CPU and 16Gb of 3200Mhz memory. 

Although system runs alright I cannot find any options in the BIOS menu about XFR or PBO to enable them. 

I've already tried in CPU Configuration and NBIO options, like others in the forum suggested for different M/Bs, but couldn't find anything.

Also, when I run Ryzen Master and move the cursor over the Precision Boost Overdrive option a label that says "Future feature in development" pops up.

I have the latest B450 chipset drivers from the AMD site installed.

Has anyone had same experience or knowledge about this?

Thanks in advance

Edited by ZikTak - 29 Oct 2018 at 6:43pm
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 12:03pm
Dear ZikTak,

Thank you for posting your query in ASRock Forum. 

Allow me to help you with your question. 

You could find the PBO option under the path below:
Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\XFR Enhancement\Accepted\Precision Boot Overdirve\Enable.

Also we have checked Ryzen Master Utility to see if mouse over PBO option will show "Futrue feature in development." However we see the line "Uses higher core voltage beyond processor warranty  to automatically increase performance."

Kindly try some steps below to see if symptom on your side could be solved. 
1. Please reboot the system and try.
2. Please try to reinstall utility.

3. Please try to uninstall other software or drivers that might effect the utility. 
4. Please clean install the operating system and try to install the utility first to see if same situation will occur. 

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 30 Oct 2018 at 12:04pm
fnordie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fnordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 5:24pm
PBO in Ryzen master was added the last ryzen master update, befor it said in development.
have you installed ryzem master some months ago? or maybe you downloaded the old version somehow.

also there is much confusion about PBO and XFR fine tuning i think. 
other motherboard vendors have "scalar" option and allow to set the XFR parameters, like PPT TDC and EDC, in BIOS. but i read AMD removed that in the latest AGESA update??? is this true? i read the taichi had it (scalar) but it got removed in latest bios? really?

It would be very nice to hear something official from ASrock about that!

Edited by fnordie - 30 Oct 2018 at 5:29pm
ZikTak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZikTak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 9:16pm
Thanks for the fast reply.

I've already tried suggested options 1 and 2, but had no different results. I guess option 3 would be valid if I had enabled the PBO option in BIOS, so that function would be present for Ryzen Master to see...

As for the clean install, I cannot understand how this could affect the BIOS options, since I'm thinking that it is a different procedure.

The main issue is that I do not have the "Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\XFR Enhancement\Accepted\Precision Boot Overdirve\Enable" option available...

I am postings some screenshots of the BIOS menu that I have and one of the Ryzen Master showing "Future feature in development".

I do have the latest chipset drivers from AMD installed and also the latest version of Ryzen Master. Although for me the BIOS issue is mostly important, because I believe that Ryzen Master cannot see what is not enabled through BIOS, as far as PBO is concerned.

Looking forward for your help!
mbarbaric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbarbaric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 4:25am
Originally posted by ZikTak ZikTak wrote:

[URL=][/URL]Good day all

I just paired the Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac?motherboard with a Ryzen 5 2600 CPU and 16Gb of 3200Mhz memory.?

Although system runs alright I cannot find any options in the BIOS menu about XFR or PBO to enable them.?

I've already tried in CPU Configuration and NBIO options, like others in the forum suggested for different M/Bs, but couldn't find anything.

Also, when I run Ryzen Master and move the cursor over the Precision Boost Overdrive option a label that says "Future feature in development" pops up.

I have the latest B450 chipset drivers from the AMD site installed.

Has anyone had same experience or knowledge about this?

Thanks in advance

I have the same problem with b450 fatality k4 and r5 2600
there simply are no PBO XFR options in the bios (1.5) and the ryzen master says "future technology, currently not available" or something to that effect.

i hope this gets resolved because it isn't what I have paid for.
simeongg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simeongg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:49pm
Will bump this post. On my Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, also XFR and PBO options miss.
Asrock x470
mbarbaric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbarbaric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by simeongg simeongg wrote:

Will bump this post. On my Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, also XFR and PBO options miss.

only "x" version of CPU (i.e. 2600x) have these options. plain 2600 doesn't have it.
simeongg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simeongg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:55pm
I am with 1600x
Asrock x470
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic