ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z390 Taichi w 9900k won't post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paranoidjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z390 Taichi w 9900k won't post
    Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 9:29am
I couldn't be more irritated. I'm a system builder that pre-ordered a 9900 K and waited as long as everybody else. Just got it today and I popped it in along with my new z390. I put in a Corsair hx850 alongside of Titan XP and 64GB of 3200 megahertz Corsair vengeance. With a 1tb PCI SSD, this was supposed to be a very happy machine. However, it won't boot. No post. Turn it on and it turns off immediately and then does not allow you to attempt to cycle it again unless you hit the switch on the PSU.

I've built many computers over the years and gone over it five times. The 24 pin is fine, the 8 + 4 CPU on the board is also connected to the PSU, both of them. I remove the RAM and did not receive a beep. I remove the CPU and the computer would not even do the click it is currently doing, so the CPU is detected. I'm not even getting numbers on the board. I tried to clear the CMOS with no change. Does anybody have any suggestions?
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 10:38pm
Take the board out of the case, put on cardboard, remove all parts except 1 ram stick and cpu and its cooler. Should be able to see post on DrDebug
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic