ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock x399 Taichi Issues - freezing/colour format
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock x399 Taichi Issues - freezing/colour format

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intelgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock x399 Taichi Issues - freezing/colour format
    Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 1:12pm
Hey fellow ASRock enthusiasts,

I've been building and now ironing out all the problems with my new Ryzen system (specs in the sig) over the last week.

I currently have 2 outstanding issues left which I cannot work out on my own.

Num 1: If I try to overclock my GPU, in any manner with Afterburner or Precision X, my entire windows desktop just freezes as soon as I click the apply button. After about 5 seconds the mouse will move a little bit, but it is laggy, then everything completely freezes again. I have to hard reset to use the computer again. What on earth could that be? the cards overclocked fine in my previous PC.

Num 2: 1 of my 2 monitors connected via display port keeps resetting it's color range/format in the Nvidia CP. It keeps trying to default to [CYbCr422], [limited output] after restart or whenever it can. The really strange thing is if I try to change it back to [RGB], [full output] the screens flash but Nvidia CP resets it back to [CYbCr422] straight after. The only thing that helps is unplugging and replugging the monitor in. I have replaced the cable, swapped cards, swapped monitors but it still does it. I can't work it out, but I know it's not the cards or monitor?

Thank you for any help,

intelgen
Threadstation - 2018 | Threadripper 1920X @4.1GHz | ASRock x399 Taichi | 32GB DDR4 @2800Mhz | 3X250GB NVMe RAID | 2x GTX 780ti | Corsair RM1000X
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic