ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z390 Taichi Ultimate SLI not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Globespy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Globespy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z390 Taichi Ultimate SLI not working
    Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 5:15am
That's a really gorgeous build. Love the minimalist colors. :)

Given the quality of the build I assume you didn't skimp on the PSU, just a thought though.
BTW - where is your PSU? I can't see it? Is it external because you didn't have the space for it? 
And your coolant reservoir for that matter! Did you underestimate the size of your case, or were you always planning an external coolant/PSU build?

Hopefully you just missed something obvious, but glad to see you actually got a response from AsRock tech support. I was pretty sure they were in hibernation for the winter.

PS - is that a white colored coolant in your loop, or are they opaque white tubes?
Never looked at XSPC before, but looks pretty sharp.

Edited by Globespy - 07 Nov 2018 at 5:24am
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:56am

Dear Stef_day,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate supports Supports NVIDIA® Quad SLI??and SLI??

Regarding your case, we also test at our lab, after installing the NVIDIA driver, the SLI enabled automatically.

Please check the NVIDIA driver SLI setting to check if the SLI is enabled or not.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

stef_day View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stef_day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 12:14am
some news, I tested both GPUS alone, in the bios and Windows 10 without issue, so the motherboard is currently not SLI compliant. (ith my gpus) just asked for a refund.

Edited by stef_day - 05 Nov 2018 at 12:49am
stef_day View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stef_day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 4:23am
picture of the system 
https://www.amazon.fr/clouddrive/share/T5UtYwdjf0AgGhDlgrPlfZa7GEkSRNXjud6kfva2lGU?_encoding=UTF8&mgh=1&ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy&v=grid

Edited by stef_day - 04 Nov 2018 at 4:30am
stef_day View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stef_day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 4:23am
config :
CPU I9 9900K
MB Asrock Z390 Taichi Ultimate
RAM 4 x 8 4000mhz Dominator platinium (still running at 2333 in XMP profile 1, strange but perhaps because I'm not OC the CPU)
2 x 1080 ti gigabyte aorus xtrem insalled on PCIE2 and PCIE4 and linked together with the HB bridge from the motherboard bundle
2 x Samsung NMVE PCIE 960 1tb installed in Raid 0 from the motherboard
2 x samsung SSD Sata 1tb installed in Raid 0 from the motherboard
Windows 10 pro 64 bits

issue :
the SLI seems not working, no option in the Nvidia control Panel,
tried to uninstall windows driver and put the latest without succes.
tried to put the last bios version without succes
tried to inverse SLI bridge without succes
tried to inverse power cable (from the second card to the main card) same result the main card is working well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic