ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Extreme 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horne65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z77 Extreme 4
    Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 11:10pm
I have just installed this motherboard brand new to replace the board I have just ruined the pins on the cpu placement.

I have just finished installing windows 7 professional from new and then the Windows 10 upgrade so I have a nice new shiny environment to play with.

I have updated all the drivers without a problem but would like some advice please.

As this is a brand new MB I would assume that the Bios is years old and need updating, can anyone tell me if I can go straight to the latest Bios or do I have to install all Bios in order they were released?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 12:49am
Sorry I missed your post for so long.

You can just install the latest UEFI/BIOS version, it will have all the updates included from every version.

There is no need to install every UEFI/BIOS update individually, although it won't hurt anything.

You can check the version your board has in the Main BIOS screen, it will be listed along with other information.

Also, the version that came with the board from the factory will be printed on a label on the UEFI/BIOS chip itself. That chip is just above the Dr Debug display, on the bottom right side of the board.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic