ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock z370 Extreme4 Bright Red LED

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eballen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock z370 Extreme4 Bright Red LED
    Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 2:25pm
I know when the LED is on, it means its running normally, and if its off, it means its running a backup bios..

But the stupid thing is super bright and ruins the RGB scheme I have going.  Is there no way in the latest version of the BIOS to disable the red LED on this board?

I'm on version 3.20 of the UEFI/BIOS.  Surprisingly, using 3.10 disables the red led for some reason, but I currently like using 3.20.  Seems more stable with my ram.

Am I just not seeing the option to turn off this LED?  They should just switch it off by default, then let it switch on to indicate a problem, instead of the other way around.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 2:49pm
This has been a source of much annoyance for a lot of people LOL

On my Z270 Gaming K6 there was no way to turn the damn thing off, eventually I cut out a tiny square of black duct tape and stuck it over the stupid thing, problem solved Confused

I am not aware of any way to turn it off but I could be wrong.
eballen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eballen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 4:43pm
Well when I was on 3.10 it disables the LED. But for some reason its back again.
eballen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eballen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 4:53pm
Actually I just figured it out!

They must've added this option recently but for this mobo at least, you can go to Advanced > Chipset Configuration > Dual BIOS LED (toward the bottom) and disable it.

Then the red LED disappears!
eballen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eballen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 4:54pm
Honestly, what they should do is make the LED come on when its using a backup BIOS instead of being on with the default BIOS. Then we'd be more likely to notice.
fuzzybat23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzybat23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:07am
No, what they need to do is make that annoying red led one of the RGB led's and tie it in to the rest of the motherboard's RGB system, so you can at least turn it off or change its color from the ASRock RGB menu
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic