ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

usb 3.1 problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aero21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: usb 3.1 problem
    Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 5:35am
Hello, I have an X-99E-ITX/ac and I bought three usb 3.1 enclosures which I use with 2 ssd (samsung evo 840 evo 250gb & 840 pro 500 gb) and 1 hdd (1 TB).  When I connect them to usb 3.0 ports they work properly, and when I do a benchmark with CrystalDisk Mark the values are as expected.

When I connect them to usb 3.1 port they connect and disconnect constantly. Each drive is recognized without errors at the begining, the name, size and contents show up right but it disconnects unexpectedly. And reconnects immediately. It happens so randomly that almost everytime the disk needs to run CHKDSK to fix the errors. 
I went to the device manager and under the power management of the usb ports and I unchecked the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

I even did many experiments in the bios with the usb settings. I ended up that the default settings must be kept. I updated the bios, and I have done clean windows 7 installation with the last drivers from asrock's website. For ASMedia's ASM1142 USB 3.1 controller I even updated to the latest driver I found outside asrock's website: version 1.16.24

The same thing happens: I connects and disconnects all the time, resulting pop up messages after a while asking to format the drive, which needs CHKDSK to run in order to function properly in SATA3 connection.

What else can I do?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic