ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

windows 7 x64 full guide?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote very_old_noob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2015 at 6:24am
I'm trying to load a Beebox n3000.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2015 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by very_old_noob very_old_noob wrote:

I'm trying to load a Beebox n3000.

You are loading Windows while only one HDD/SSD is connected, right?
very_old_noob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote very_old_noob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 8:37am
That's correct.  The beebox comes with a single ssd installed.
BTW: I just tried the procedure (Intel's Windows 7 USB 3.0 creator utility) again with the same results.
The keyboard and mouse work to select a language, but when windows asks for a user name, both mouse and keyboard are inoperative.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 11:15am
What version of Windows 7? Enterprise per chance?
very_old_noob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote very_old_noob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2015 at 9:22pm

I'm trying to load Windows 7 Pro.  I've tried both the CD and downloaded (from an Asrock link) versions with the same results.

Edited by very_old_noob - 27 Dec 2015 at 9:24pm
arvo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 2:40am
Finally I can report successful installation of Win7 Pro x64 to Beebox N3150:
1. Made bootable USB using RuFus.
2. Did reading of user manual (it is on CD);
3. Modified boot.wim and install.wim using USB drivers from the CD.
Got error during mounting of Install.wim due to wrong index #. Used command> dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:install.wim to get right #, in my case it was "1".
4. Copied both modified files back to USB.
5. Got some beer from the fridge.

To save Your time, here are googled methods, which I unsuccessfully tried before:
1) $WinPEDriver$ - got BSOD ;)
2) Win7UsbPatcher.exe - boots with mouse/keyboard, but both are lost at screen with computername/ username.
3) Modified just boot.wim - boots with mouse/keyboard, but both are lost at screen with computername/ username.

Morale: RTFM before you open Google :)

unbent_banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unbent_banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 10:31pm

I have installed Win7 x64 pro on a Beebox N3150, from USB Flashdrive, with connected USB mouse/kbd.

!! The most importand thing is, that you NEVER disable the legacy usb support for using the uefi bios. Otherwise your usb keyboard will not work at post and so you never get into the uefi bios. Then you habe to remove the cmos battery and connect the cmos reset pins for get the default cmos settings !!

I created a Win7 usb installation flash drive with. After i followed the N3150 manual at page 22.
After this the USB mouse/kbd was working fine while the installation progress.

Always stay straight!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic