ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Prof. Gaming freezing when PBO is enabled

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zonked3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Prof. Gaming freezing when PBO is enabled
    Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 2:41am
It can take hours or minutes, happen idle or load, but my computer tend to freeze with Precision Boost Overdrive enabled on 4.81 beta bios. Using 2700x.

Nothing else has been changed in the Bios other than memory clock, but setting this lower does not seem to solve the issue. Temps are extremely low at all times.

I understand that this is a beta driver, so I'm not looking for a solution as I imagine that is impossible, but I'm wondering if anyone else have had a similar issue with PBO?

Thanks!
Zonked3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zonked3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 6:22am
I believe it is fixed. I Changed power settings from balanced to Ryzen.
Zonked3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zonked3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 1:17am
I take that back, got another freeze. Many hours in-between though.
Onslaught2k3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onslaught2k3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 3:39am
have you tried adjusting your CPU voltage just a notch or two? this might be necessary to get the extra stability with PBO. Let me know how it goes.

P.S. I own an x370 Taichi, and it is almost identical (aside from looks) to your mobo.
Zonked3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zonked3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 5:00am
Originally posted by Onslaught2k3 Onslaught2k3 wrote:

have you tried adjusting your CPU voltage just a notch or two? this might be necessary to get the extra stability with PBO. Let me know how it goes.

P.S. I own an x370 Taichi, and it is almost identical (aside from looks) to your mobo.

I wanted the Taichi way more actually, but ASRock had some issues with slow lead times due to Chinese holidays.

My OC is automated through Precision Boost Overdrive. I googled around and the problem seems to be voltage and memory related. I have now tried to up the Vram voltage in addition to a bit higher VDDP and SOC voltage. I'm running 3200 Mhz with 1.4v. Been about 8 hours and stable so far!
Onslaught2k3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onslaught2k3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:38am
Congratulations on getting things stable. What I meant by "adjusting CPU voltage just a notch or two" was to try adjusting CPU offset voltage + a notch or two. Sorry I wasn't clear on that.
Zonked3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zonked3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 4:34am
I was sure the problem was PBO, but nope. This might explain my problem,

Looks like my F4-3200C14D-16GTZ memory or MB is faulty. I changed from 1700x to 2700x, and this is likely to be the reason. Not sure how I could have damaged the ram though, I only removed two screws and I heated the CPU (by running the computer) for easy removal before replacing it. I hope I'm wrong again.
Zonked3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zonked3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 4:35am
https://imgur/a/46bPtUx

Test is ongoing now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic