ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Taichi BIOS update failed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vadim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 9:59pm
Next time I will take ASUS
Azat Gazimov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azat Gazimov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 10:28am
Similar problem. When updating the BIOS, the installation is interrupted with the error " WARNING !! ROM file information does not match system BIOS". How to solve this problem? Wait for the developers to fix the error? Developers reading this forum?
Shujaat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shujaat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 3:10pm
Same problem here. Just downloaded from APP SHOP and it is telling me that "ROM file information does not match system BIOS", followed by a freakish "Want to continue...?" question.

Anyone from AsRock reading these? Can you at least acknowledge the problem if not provide a fix quickly?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:04pm
I will pass this along to Tech Support. Thanks for sharing the info guys.
Shujaat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shujaat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 1:17pm
Thanks Xaltar, just in case this helps, I'm using AsRock Z270 Killer SLI/AC motherboard. APP SHOP says that my current BIOS version is 1.0 and the one it downloads is 3.3. Interestingly, if I go to the [URL=https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z270%20Killer%20SLIac/index.asp#BIOS]official page[/URL] of Z270 Killer, the latest BIOS version listed there is 2.3. This gives me an indication that APP SHOP is most probably not detecting my motherboard correctly (or else the official page is outdated).
kittenofdoom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittenofdoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:25pm
I also got the message this morning when attempting to update a Z370 from version 3.0 to version 3.30....

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 5:11pm
OK, so I have reached out to my contacts at ASRock and they have gotten back to me about this issue.

They apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and say that you can go ahead and press "Y" to continue the update. In essence, you can ignore the message. They also assured me that the issue will be resolved in the next update which should be along soon. So if you are uncomfortable ignoring a warning you can just wait for the next update.

In addition, I would also like to address the fact that this forum is not a Tech Support channel, it is a community forum for ASRock users. Yes, it is owned by ASRock and yes, ASRock's Tech Support department do post here quite frequently but they do not read and reply every thread and post. If you are seeking direct support you need to use the ASRock Support page:

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

These forums exist so users can help each other out and I do my best to help users wherever possible, be it using my own experience or passing things along to my contacts at ASRock. These forums are a valuable resource to allow users to post their experiences with ASRock products and for ASRock to learn what their users want out of their products.
kittenofdoom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittenofdoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 11:41pm
Thanks for your help with this issue Xaltar.
Icha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 2:00am
Also get "ROM file information does not match system BIOS" on my z370 Extreme4, version 3.1 to 3.3. When I read "do you want to continue?" my mind says "do you want to potentially brick your PC?" I'm not a gambling man.

Hopefully they get around to fixing this and there should never be a continue option in release builds, if validation fails it fails, it's poor programming practice.
Shujaat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shujaat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 2:17pm
Just a minor correction. I incorrectly posted above that I had Z270 motherboard. I actually have Z370 Killer SLI/AC. Not sure how it affect other things that I mentioned there. Anyway, I do get the error msg and "want to continue?..." question.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic