ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z390 Taichi Bios 1.80 problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marjohn56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z390 Taichi Bios 1.80 problems
    Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 8:12pm
Anyone else having issues with the 1.80 version?

I have an nvme Samsung as my boot device and after installing the 1.80 bios everything slowed to a crawl, my old 386 would have been quicker to boot!

Reverted back to v1.51 and normal service was restored. Would have gone back to 1.60 but cannot find that one on my drives.
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 10:54pm
After the installation of the 1.80 version did you clear the cmos and go through and reset everything?
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

marjohn56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marjohn56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 10:57pm
Well I reset to default settings, rebooted and went through my normal setup again.
marjohn56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marjohn56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 4:56am
I've just repeated the procedure to make sure I had done nothing stupid, exactly the same result, W10 is very sluggish, mouse is slow etc, all in all just not responsive.
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 6:58am
do you have anything plugged into the sata ports. some are shared with the m.2 slots
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

marjohn56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marjohn56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 8:56pm
I do have drives on the SATA ports, but they are not conflicting with the NVMEs.

I have two NVMEs a 512Gb ( boot ) and a 1Tb work drive, they are in slots 1 & 3, I also have four SATA drives, two are in the appropriate sata3_2 & 3_3 and the other two drives are on the ASMEDIA ports. To add to the usual gfx card I also have a Soundblaster card, and a USB3 expansion card as I never appear to have
enough USB ports! That card also has a couple of SATA3 ports on it as well, I only use them for hanging drives on temporarily if I need to.

I have just completed a clean W10 install, using 1.60 ( found a copy ) Bios, update the bios and it crawls, revert back to 1.60 and all is fine, think I'll be sticking with 1.60, it ain't perfect but it works.
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:33am
Came here to post this exact same thing. I updated to 1.80 and immediately noticed my Samsung 970 PRO slowing to a crawl. Something is seriously wrong with this version. I even ran userbenchmark and it said it was performing well below expectations. I reverted back to 1.60 and everything is fine now. I would NOT recommend updating from 1.60.
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:35am
Seems I can't edit my previous post but I also wanted to mention that I'm not using any SATA drives and my m.2 is installed in the 3rd spot (under the heatsink).
marjohn56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marjohn56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 6:22am
Originally posted by teegale teegale wrote:

Came here to post this exact same thing. I updated to 1.80 and immediately noticed my Samsung 970 PRO slowing to a crawl. Something is seriously wrong with this version. I even ran userbenchmark and it said it was performing well below expectations. I reverted back to 1.60 and everything is fine now. I would NOT recommend updating from 1.60.

Phew.. thanks. Glad it's not just me.

Been with ASRock for years, my z77 extreme6 was superb, never any problem, ;ets hope they can resolve this.
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 7:07am
Originally posted by marjohn56 marjohn56 wrote:

Originally posted by teegale teegale wrote:

Phew.. thanks. Glad it's not just me.

Been with ASRock for years, my z77 extreme6 was superb, never any problem, ;ets hope they can resolve this.

I figured I wasn't alone. Which is why I came here. I'll give the next update a shot. Thank god for being able to downgrade.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic