ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X470 Taichi ARGB Port Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feroci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X470 Taichi ARGB Port Issue
    Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:13pm
I recently bought the Asrock Taichi x470 to pair with my Ryzen 2700x since all the good reviews on the board.

Unfortunatly I found 2 annoying issues with the board

1. the Addressable RGB on the board seems to be faulty, as when I connect my Coolermaster ML240R RGB All in one cooling to it, I noticed an issue with the LEDs. All the LEDs work with the appropriate colours, except one, if for example I set the LED colour to RED though the Polychrome RGB Asrock Software, all the LEDs on the water cooling including the fans light up RED except for 1 LED which lights up Green, could replicate this with all colours, and always the same LED lights up different. However if i dont use the Addressable RGB Port and use the Coolermaste control unit supplied with the kit, then the colours all work fine, so clearly the issue is coming from the Motherboard Addresable RGB Header.

2. I have the Corsair Vengence LPX RGB PRO 3200Mhz kit (2 x 8). The iCue software did not find the ram for me to be able to set the RGB Color I want the ram to light with the pre-installed bios, or even with the latest bios. Talked to Corsair and they suggested I downgrade the Motherboard BIOS to v1.35B, to which I did and then suddenly the ram where recognized and I could control the RGB.

Is there a solution for the above issues? I am unhappy with the product coming out of the box with the above issues.
Ipecac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ipecac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 1:42pm
I am using 4 sticks of 8gb Corsair Vengence RGB 3600. I have had no issues with iCUE or Corsair LINK.
TiaChi Ultimate x470, Ryzen 7 2700x, 4 sticks of Vengence RGB 3600, Vega 64, Samsung 970 PRO, H150ipro, RM850x
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 4:12pm
no problems here on my addressable (bitspower strip)
whoamikenken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoamikenken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 4:50pm

LIKE THIS? I HAVE THIS PROBLEM TOO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic