ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A88X-ITX+ WOL problem BIOS 3.00

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vzzoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM2A88X-ITX+ WOL problem BIOS 3.00
    Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 4:52pm
Hello,

I have problem with the wake-on-lan function on my board. Since i upgraded my BIOS from v2.60 to v3.00 the WOL function doesn't work properly.
If the computer is in sleep state, i can wake it up from LAN by my router. But if it is switched off, i can't. I enabled in bios the all wake up option. If i push the mouse or keyboard button it switches on correctly. My other computer (with asrock z77 extreme 4 board) on same VLAN works well, it can switch on by router WOL signal. Doesn't matter what I set in Windows (WOL magic packet only, etc), doesn't work. I should not go back to the previous BIOS version because it have serious problems with the RAM sticks.
What could be the problem?

Another topic, just a note: i made a clean windows 10 re-install with a previously configured and working BIOS RAID1 with NTFS partitions.
I started with AMD all-in-one catalyst driver install. It installed almost every driver, except the AMD SCSI processor driver. Without this the RAID works, but i couldn't use the AMD raidXpter software. After a restart i tried to install this driver but the windows didn't find it. I tried to reinstall AIW package, but no effect. I spent half night looking for proper driver on the internet but i didn't find. At morning i figured try to find the driver in the uncompressed all-in-one driver folder, and voila, it was in that folder, than installed and now it is working. Ok, i now i was the stupid, but i was tired. And my opinion you should think about the stupid user like me. WackoSmile

My config:

FM2A88X-ITX+ board
AMD A8-6500 APU
2*4Gb kingston hyperX 1866Mhz RAM
1 intenso SSD (system)
2*Toshiba 3GB HDD in onboard RAID 1 (personal datas)
using onboard LAN and audio
Windows 10 pro up-to-date

thank you
Zoli
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 1:57am
Were you using Windows 10 before you updated to UEFI/BIOS 3.00? If that is correct, was the WOL function working for you with Windows 10?

I assume you are using the wired LAN connection, the Qualcomm® Atheros® AR8171?

UEFI 3.00 does not mention any changes to LAN functions, but a UEFI update resets all options to their defaults. I know you enabled all the wake up options, but those are not necessarily related to WOL. I know you've been through the UEFI options, but I wonder if you missed one?

Regarding the RAID driver, and the AMD All in One driver package which I recently used for the first time. I'm normally an Intel board and RAID user. The AMD All in One driver package is a deluxe pain, and makes finding individual drivers much more difficult.

Plus I just learned that there is no AMD F6 RAID driver that is UEFI/EFI booting compatible for the SB950 chipset. Certainly none for Win 10, but also for Win 8.1, etc, as far as I know. If you think you spent a long time looking for the specific AMD RAID driver you needed, I must have at least spent a similar amount of time looking for the one I need. You at least succeeded where I didn't.

So IMO the only aspect of what is dumb is the All in one driver package. Intel provides their drivers as individual downloads. The convenience of the All in One driver package is not as much for the user, as it is for the provider IMO.

If you are aware of an AMD RAID driver that is UEFI compatible for the SB950 chipset, I would be grateful.
vzzoli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vzzoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 2:05pm
Hello parsec,

I was using win 8.1, that I updated to 10. The bios update was after this. But now I confused what was earlier. Bios or the Windows update. Whatever, I checked again, all the wake up settings are enabled. With the previous bios the computer always woke up itself about 3:00 am, every day. That was to active, and this one is too passive. :) no problem I using it with sleep only, and switch on by power loss. Good workaround till I find the solution. Oh and yes I use the atheros wired lan.

Unfortunately I can set the raid bios only in legacy mode. I tried the uefi raid setup in the bios, but it needs a motherboard stock CD what I lost on the first day. Sorry, but I don't know is there any uefi driver being, but If yes,i interested in either.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic