ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

N3150DC-ITX sound noise in Ubuntu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrhc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N3150DC-ITX sound noise in Ubuntu
    Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 9:18pm
Hi, I have:

Linux adr-desktop 3.19.0-30-generic #34-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 2 22:08:41 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Asrock N3150DC-ITX
5.1 speakers

Only when entering Ubuntu a noise is playing into the speakers even when selecting mute for sound.
This is very disturbing because the noise is so loud so I can play nothing well.
What could be the problem ?

PS: it's difficult for me to test with windows for the moment
Asrock N3150DC-ITX
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 10:45pm
I suspect your problem could be coming from your power adapter (I am assuming you are using a power brick as you have the DC model board). It is fairly common for interference from the power brick to be picked up by the onboard sound. Try moving the power adapter as far from the unit as possible and if that does not help try a different power unit. Some power units generate a lot of noise.

I hope this helps.
adrhc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrhc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 11:52pm
Indeed this solves partially the problem.
Asrock N3150DC-ITX
adrhc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrhc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 11:31pm
It turns out that the problem was my old media player powered from a close to my speakers outlet; after disconnecting it's power cable everything is ok.
Asrock N3150DC-ITX
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 11:49pm
Great to hear you solved the issue. Generally, with most modern boards, if there is noise coming through the speakers it is electrical noise generated by an external source. By now most if not all manufacturers have mastered isolating the audio hardware from parts of the board that could cause interference.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic