ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X470 Taichi bricked after firmware update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zisviper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X470 Taichi bricked after firmware update
    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 10:48pm
Hello everyone! I am in real trouble and I need help asap. My X470 Taichi died after update to the latest firmware.
My PC configuration is X470 Taichi, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4-3600 F43600C19D16GVRB, Samsung 970 Evo NVMe M.2 250GB, Saphire Radeon HD7870 gigaherz edition, Seasonic Focus Plus 850 Platinum, Western Digital Velociraptor 300GB SATA2, Toshiba P300 1TB SATA3, Asus DRW-24D5MT, Corsair Hydro Series H100x.
I had the beta 1.52 bios which worked flawlessly with the xmp ram profiles (with 1.50 bios I experienced many crashes ??blue screens in windows 10). I updated the BIOS to version 2 via the windows utility as I did before with 1.52 bios. The update finished and I restarted the PC manually from windows. After that no screen whatsoever. Pushed the Clear CMOS button, nothing happens. Used a jumper to close the Clear CMOS setting on the mobo near the error code screen, unplugged power supply, unplugged the onboard battery, left it overnight, removed the jumper, plugged the mains cable, started the pc, nothing happens, no screen. Fans work properly but the system does not start and nothing appears on screen. Tried another graphics card, another monitor, removed one of the DDR4 dimms and placed the other in all four possible slots, nothing happens. I copied the version 2 bios on a usb flash drive, put it in one of the usb3 port in the back, started the pc, nothing happens. The error codes that appear on the onboard screen are 90, 36 and 15. What is happening? Can you please give me a solution?
garych View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 12:19am
The best practice for updating bios is to avoid Windows bios update tool and use Instant Flash instead + load and apply bios defaults prior to update. Also, I prefer to disconnect all the hardware that is not essential for bios update (hard drives, ethernet, peripherals, etc.) for extra assurance, helped me avoid bad flashes.

Hope you'll be able to resolve the issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic