ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 Taichi A2 DIMM failed?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illusion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X399 Taichi A2 DIMM failed?
    Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 10:08am
Hey all,

I just finished up a new build and am having some issues with my A2 DIMM slot. I can't get it to see any RAM. I have 4x GSkill F4-4266C19D-16GTZA sticks, all of them fail to register in the BIOS in the A2 slot, but show up in all other slots. I've seen several places online allude to the fact that this issue can be caused by the CPU or motherboard, I'd like to nail down which it is if possible. I've obviously reseated everything. I've taken the CPU out, checked for bent pins(don't see any), re-seated it, and ensured that it was secured properly. All of my power is connected properly(4 pin, 8 pin, etc.). Is there anything else I can do, short of putting the CPU in another motherboard(which I don't have) to isolate which one is the issue?
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 8:36pm
That is a monster of a RAM! Ryzens and TRs can't handle it @4200. Maybe only 2nd gen ones can, and only in single channel mode?

You may want to update BIOS and clear CMOS. It never hurts.

Mobo should 'see' both slots populated. Booting at XMP is another story however.

You may also try different DIMM slots. Mobo should pick both RAM sticks, although in single channel mode.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic