ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New B450 Fatal1ty build freezing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New B450 Fatal1ty build freezing
    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 7:40am
Hello, I have a troublesome issue with my new build:

The games (Overload / Half-life 2 / Doom 3) that I have tested so far exhibit 'pauses', everything seems to be working perfectly, and then suddenly the video freezes, but audio carries on, and then several seconds later, the video resumes. Then gameplay can continue for some portion of another minute, and then the issues repeats. BIOS is set to use default loaded UEFI settings. I have also tried using XMP presets for the memory, as well as turning off things like onboard audio and serial port and whatnot.

ASRock B450 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 (BIOS 1.80)
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator 3600 (KHX3600C17D4/8GX Samsung B-die)
Crucial M500 (latest firmware)
ASTRAPE M1 750B
Windows 10 x64 1809

I've tried the drivers listed on the ASRock support download section, and also the latest 2019 version offered by AMD.

I've tried some CPU intensive tasks and they seem to run just fine, I've also tried the RAM at 3000/14 and everything seems fine just faster, but no matter what setting I've tried, including BIOS factory defaults, the games run for a minute and then freeze and release as described above. I am at a loss as to how to proceed troubleshooting this issue. I plan to test the build on Windows 7 but can't do it any time soon. I cannot test other Win10 builds any time soon as I don't have proper internet.

Does someone have any ideas as to how I should proceed?
asp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 3:51pm
Well I appear to have solved the problem, not sure how since I changed a bunch more things, suffice to say the system is running beautifully. Nice mobo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic