ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - yzen 2600 with ASRock X370 Killer SLI/as (new buil
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

yzen 2600 with ASRock X370 Killer SLI/as (new buil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bml6182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yzen 2600 with ASRock X370 Killer SLI/as (new buil
    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 4:12pm
I was trying to resolve a memory problem where my ADATA 2666 2x8 GB kit was running in single channel mode. I went to the Support page and thought that maybe the new BIOS for the Killer SLI would resolve my issue. I believe it was version 5.10 I was going for. I also did the All in one AMD drivers to make sure it would work. I tired to flash and it said I had to go to an older version first, bridge to 3.50, ran that from windows and said I needed 3.0 This one was an instant flash so I loaded up on a USB drive an flashed from inside the BIOS.

Now after rebooting, the system will not display on the screen. I just realized that maybe the Ryzen 2000 series wasn't support on 3.00 and you had to be on 3.5 or above for the 2000 series after reading some posts.

I can't believe I did that and also why the BIOS updates made me think I was on a version older than 3.00.

Argh, is there any way to recover? I tried the CMOS jumper and pulling the battery, but neither helped me revert back to the version that would support my Ryzen 2600. Am I dead in the water, this is a brand new motherboard and I don't have another AM4 older chip laying around...

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, my son would love it if we can get this working!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:23pm
You have 2 options:
1. Return the board and get a replacement
2. Find a compatible CPU on the cheap or borrow one and flash back up to a supporting UEFI version. I believe the cheapest compatible CPU is still the A8-9600. The new athlon series will not be compatible with 3.0 or earlier so avoid them.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Edited by Xaltar - 30 Jan 2019 at 8:24pm
bml6182 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bml6182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 10:35pm
Thank you for the quick reply. I am glad that you gave me an idea. I checked around for some older PCs I had laving around and found a couple of AMD PCs, unfortunately they were both socket AM2. Ideally I will either stop in a local PC shop or see if one of my friends has a compatible ZEN chip that they would be willing to help me out with otherwise, yeah I might have to swap out the MB.

I was hoping there was a technique to flash the BIOS using a memory stick somehow, or a way to revert BIOS for people who mess up like I did.

I really appreciate your help Xaltar!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic