ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z390 Taichi won't wake from sleep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z390 Taichi won't wake from sleep
    Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 6:57am
I have an issue where after putting a newly built PC to sleep from Win 10 when I trigger it to resume it fails quickly and shows a motherboard error code of 55 (memory).

The machine runs fine and passes memory tests with or without an XMP profile (32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX memory), its only on resume from sleep that a problem occurs. I am still in the testing phase for this new build so its just a clean Windows install and one SSD as a boot drive at the moment. CPU is i7-8700K.

The system is not overclocked, has a quality 760W PSU and running the latest v1.90 BIOS. It came with v1.30 but that had some limitations (motherboard led disable missing etc) so I upgraded.

Anyone else seen this or have any suggestions?
krm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 3:01am
Anyone?
ellusion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellusion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 6:45pm
Hi!
I'm in the same boat with my Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX/AC, except I did not get error code just a blank screen and auto-restart after.
I have contacted with the TSD, and they were very nice to me, but we couldn't figure out what causes the problem. Though, my case is still in progress.
One thing we found out: if my DDR4_A1 slot is in use alone, PC wakes up perfectly. If DDR4_B1 is in use alone or together with the other slot, wakeup fails.
I tried anothr RAM kit, and got the same results.
It may be a BIOS related problem? I hope we get some resolution soon. Local vendor said they can't do much about it...
krm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 1:02am
Thanks for the reply.

I've just tried dropping back from the lastest v1.90 BIOS to v1.60 for my motherboard as the last updates mentioned changes for performance and I wondered if that broke something.

However that made no difference so have gone back to the latest.

I am planning on using this PC as a CCTV server so once up and running it will be working hard 24x7 so the last thing I want is doubts over the motherboard. Hopefully it is a BIOS issue.
krm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

Apologies for the quote as I didn't see a way to tags users within this forum software.

I've still not managed to resolve this and this is my first ASRock motherboard after years of competitor boards without issue so hoping for a fix!
ellusion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellusion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:43pm
Support is dead silent since jan.29.

Krm, please try and see if you get similar event in the event viewer/system:

I did see another guy with the same problem here, can't remember exactly, but the same wakeup failure.
What we know now is:
The problem is sporadic and somehow related to memory, but tests are negative.
System running well, only wakeup fails.
The problem is present on different kind of ASRock MBs, so it's not a batch error or something like that.
Other users enjoying their lives with the same MBs without symptoms, so this is not a BIOS issue either...
I'm open for any ideas. I built my PC this January, and the overall cost of the components are over 2000$. I did this by selling my 1000$ PC. Guess what? It had no issues, never...
ellusion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellusion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:50pm
Hmm can't insert pictures.
So I get this event after the wakeup fails:
Event ID34
Idle power management features on processor x in group 0 are disabled due to firmware problem.
I get this on all cores.
C states are enabled in BIOS.
Jurai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 12:38am
anyone ever fix this? I constantly have windows freeze a couple seconds after resuming from sleep, it's absolutely ridiculous that this passed any form of QC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic