ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Asrock z390m-itx does not work turbo boost i5-8400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock z390m-itx does not work turbo boost i5-8400

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bootpcanon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock z390m-itx does not work turbo boost i5-8400
    Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:48pm
Help me. I have a motherboard asrock z390m-itx ac and a processor i5-8400. The problem i did not work turbo boost i tried different bios settings and different versions of it but no results. on the Internet I found a similar problem to a person, only he had a motherboard asrock z370m-itx ac and corrected a new version of the BIOS firmware. Maybe somebody knows some nuances in the configured bios? I wrote in technical support but I have not written anything yet. If someone has the same card write off how you work on a turbo boost
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:37am
Dear Bootpcanon,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Please update the latest BIOS P1.50 to try.
https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z390M-ITXac/index.asp#BIOS
We also test at our lab, when running the HyperPi 1 thread, i5-8400 can turbo to 4.0GHz.

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD
bootpcanon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bootpcanon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 2:36pm
I updated the BIOS to version 1.5, with default settings the processor speed is 800 MHz. If in the bios, the item of CPU thermal trottling is disable the CPU frequency rises to 2.8, but the turbo boost does not work. Perhaps there are some settings you need to install? This screenshot is made during full load on the processor, version 1.5 bios, default settings, only item changed CPU Thermal Trottling is Disable.
bootpcanon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bootpcanon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 3:00pm
These screenshots of the system after updating the bios to 1.50 all default settings.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 2:26pm
Dear Bootcanon,

Thank you for your reply.

The CPU frequency will down to 800MHz when system idle.
Please test with BIOS default setting and run the Hyper PI single thread test, the i5-8400 can turbo to 4.0GHz.

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD
Hamzee110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamzee110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 5:33pm
I have the same setup as you: i5-8400 & Z370P D3 running F2 BIOS currently with everything set to Auto.

Cryorig H7 keeps it cool but it sits at 3.8Ghz in the BIOS.

Inside Windows, if I have it set to High Performance and then manually edit the minimum processor state to 5%, it'll still sit at 3.8.

The only fix I've found is to use the Balanced power plan and it happily downclocks to 1Ghz and ramps up when needed.

As long as I don't see any performance issues in games I'll leave it like this.
Hamza
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic