ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock X470 Taichi Ulyimate m.2 ssd help needed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock X470 Taichi Ulyimate m.2 ssd help needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BRKKAB818 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRKKAB818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock X470 Taichi Ulyimate m.2 ssd help needed
    Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:29pm
***Issue Solved**
I got bored early yesterday morning, so I tore my pc apart and put the m.2 ssd in m.2 slot 1.
It now works.
I did notice something strange, though in the UEFI.
It's listed as Drive 2, Eqkwung 850 EVO 1TB SATA is Drive 0 and WD Black 2TB hdd is Drive 1.
BRKKAB818 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRKKAB818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 5:55pm
As far as switching the m.3 drive to m.2 slot 1, I haven't messed with it yet and it will be a few days before I do mess with it.
Probab;y not for almost 3 ,ore weeks.
I just had cataract & glaucoma surgery on the only ryr I can see iut of alile ove a week ago.
I won't be able to get new eyeglasses until February 24th at the earliest and my upclose vision is messed up from the stent they put in for the glaucoma and the prescribed eyedrops cause severe migrains and other issues right now.
However, if I don't use them I go blind.
Thus, pc tear aparts are on hold at the moment.
Thr glaucoma isn't the only diabetes issue at the moment, too.
I also have vascular issues affecting both legs that cause severe leg cramps, falls, etc. and require a cane that won't arrive to me until the end of yjr month - mid March, as it has to be a specific high-end 3-prongeed one and have a built in light for seeing with it at night.
Thus, it's high-end anf the only company that has them isn't in the U.S., so I get to wait for it's arrival.
That's after checking evetywhere in L.A. near me and not finding one.
BRKKAB818 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRKKAB818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 12:10pm
SATA ssd works in any sata slot.
It wasn't purchased for Windows 10 and programs like it has on it now.
That's the m.2 ssd's jpb.
Thw sata ssd is for games only.
If this mobo can't accomplidh that, like my ASUS Maximus VIII Hero did, then this mobo is useless to me and will go bye-bye's period.
As it is now, it's junk to me.
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 4:12am
If i would own a SATA M2 ssd instead of a NVMe, i would use it too, for sure. ;-)

Does the SATA M2 SSD drive now work in the first slot?
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
BRKKAB818 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRKKAB818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 6:09am
Soubded like he was to me.
Regardless the only new hardware I'm purchasing is a newer video card and a 4K ips monitor.
Everything else can wait.
My health & eye's are more important than my pc is to me at the moment.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 3:20am
he isn't dissing samsung ssd's he is dissing the slower sata based m.2. You should move up to nvm types

either way using both m.2 wont affect the graphics slots it only affects the last pcie slot
BRKKAB818 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRKKAB818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:23am
Good one.
Samsubg ssd's are what????
Dump????
Yeah right on that one, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,
Or is it dump to you, because I see no need to get a new one at the moment.
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 4:39am
Originally posted by BRKKAB818 BRKKAB818 wrote:

So, I need to use m.2 slot 1, not m.2 slot 2 and thus my single video card only can run at x8 speed instead of x16 speed.

That is not true. The first M2 slot is directly connected with 4 PCIe Gen3 lanes to the CPU as in every AM4 board. There is no dependency to a PCIe slot.
The second M2 slot is handled different on several AM4 boards.
If you would use the second M2 slot on the CROSSHAIR VII HERO, you would have x8 speed instead of x16 speed for your graphics card.
On the X740 Taichi, the second M2 slot is connected with 4 PCIe Gen2 lanes to the chipset and you would loose the PCIE5 slot (Gen2).

However, your SSD should also work on the second M2 slot of the X740 Taichi (according to the manual).

But, why using such a dump SATA M2 SSD?
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
BRKKAB818 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRKKAB818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 5:36pm
So, I need to use m.2 slot 1, not m.2 slot 2 and thus my single video card only can run at x8 speed instead of x16 speed.
IF THAT'S THE CASE, WHY DOES THE MOBO HAVE 2 m.2 ALOTS ON IT?
APPARRENTLY THIS MOBO SUCKS AND I'M GETTING A TRUE MOBO THAT WORKS PROPERLY.
ASUS ROB CROSSHAIR VII HERO WIFI WHICH EITHER M.@ SSD SLOT CAN BE USED ON & HAS BETTER SOUND TO BOOT.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 1:28pm
sata interfaced m.2 has to go on the first m.2 slot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic