ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock B450M-HDV + AMD Ryzen 3 2200g: games crash
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock B450M-HDV + AMD Ryzen 3 2200g: games crash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock B450M-HDV + AMD Ryzen 3 2200g: games crash
    Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:03pm
Hi,

I have a problem with my new pc configuration that is made up of following components (in addition to CPU and MB in the subject):
- RAM: 8GB hyperx predator ddr4 3200mhz (setted to 2933 mhz). Shared memory: 2GB.
- PSU: Cooler master Masterwatt 450w
- SSD: Samsung 860 evo 250GB

When I am in game, after some time, I get randomly thrown out to the desktop. With every game. In the bios the only thing that I changed was the shared memory, decrease RAM frequency and setted a custom fans profile.

The bios version is the last one (1.70). I have already tested the RAM with memtest86 and the windows tool but no errors was found at 2933mhz. I checked the SSD with CrystalDiskInfo and it's ok.

The problems only occurs in game. So what can I do to resolve this problem? I have to change some settings in the bios?

Thanks.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:23pm
Bad chipset and GPU driver maybe?

Also, why did you lower the RAM 'speed'? Is the XMP profile running OK?
Asrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:24pm
I've already formatted Windows 10 and reinstalled the official drivers.

I've lower the RAM speed because with the xmp profile they give me some errors under memtest86.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 1:11am
Check Windows events & error logs around the time your games throw you out. Report back what you see.

It's also worth it to clear CMOS once more, but this time don't change ANYTHING in BIOS. Just boot straigth to Windows and see what happens in the crashing games.

You can also try various stress test to see if some subsystem is faulty.

Monitor and report temps and voltages with HWINFO. Watch for high tems (esp. GPU) and abnormal voltages.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic