ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Gaming X Fatal1ty Windows 10 blue screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Gaming X Fatal1ty Windows 10 blue screen
    Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 3:25pm
Hi, I recently built a new machine with a X370 Gaming X Fatal1ty and am having a random blue screen problem in windows. The machine bluescreens every 4-8 hours and I have had it hard hang a couple times (requiring a power cycle to bring it back).

My first test was memtest86. It runs that fine and does not find memory errors. I let it run as long as 26 hours and it had no problems.

I searched the forums and found a few other people complaining about this issue but did not see a clear solution, I would really appreciate some help.

Specs:
Asrock X370 Gaming X Fatal1ty (bios updated to 5.2)
AMD 2700 with wraith cooler (temps look good)
2X G.Skill F4-2400C15D-32GFXR for 64GB total (on compatibility list)
Samsung 970 EVO 512GB NVME
Samsung 860 512GB SSD
WD 1TB spinner
Lite-On SATA DVD
Seasonic G 550W (Model SSR-550RM)
Win 10 pro (latest updates)

Any tips would be appreciated, Thanks in advance!

And I should note, OS is a fresh install.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 7:05am
Hi!

First thing I noticed - PSU is a bit underpowered for your setup. I didn't see what GPU you are using, but depending on its powerdraw the culprit may be your PSU. Remember not all of its 550W are drawn over the 12V rails!

Even though Seasonic make decent PSU, check the 12V ratings of yours and calculate some approx. power consumption of your CPU, GPU and mobo. You can even monitor those with HWINFO or a wall power meter.

Other than that, if I was in your situation I'd have done this:
- total rebuild of the system, bit by bit
- leave the mobo outside the case on a non-conductive surface (no carpets, rugs or similar!)
- leave just the CPU, 1 stick of RAM, GPU and a boot drive
- clear CMOS
- leave BIOS at its default settings, turn on only XMP profile for thr RAM, and disable CSM
- try downloading latest (1809) build of Windows
- install Win from scratch
- install only chpset drivers from AMD and GPU drivers from the respective brand
- put different components under stress test, one after another, then all at once; monitor and record power, volts, temps.

Also, what is the BSOD errors? Sometimes they do tell a lot. Windows error logs also may contain a clue.

gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 10:08am
and mind you yes the rams are in the qvl but are tested with only 2 sticks
mcleod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 12:48am
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I forgot to list the video card, it is a Quadro P1000. I have been running the machine plugged into a Killawatt and while I admit I have not paid a lot of attention to it, the highest I have seen is 155W during a Solidworks render.

As for BIOS settings, I have XMP set. I have not seen the CSM setting, but will look into that today.

I have only installed chipset drivers (from AMD) and Quadro drivers from Nvidia.

The BSOD has been irql_not_less_or_equal at least once. There is no dump file, I will try to get it to save one today.

Thanks!
mcleod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 12:49am
I am beginning to think this is the problem. Thanks for the reply!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic