ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 Fatal1ty won't boot from DVD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mando424 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 Fatal1ty won't boot from DVD
    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 10:01am
I'm trying to install Windows 10 with a DVD. I have the BIOS set to use the optical drive as the first boot option, but it won't do anything. I get a screen that says unable to boot, please insert bootable media and press a key. I eject the DVD, reinsert it, and it spins around and thinks about it for a bit before reiterating the same message. I tried going the USB route, figuring I can enter the product key that came with my DVD, but that didn't get me anywhere either.

Now, this may be a stupid question but do I need to install the mobo drivers before I can get anywhere with the OS? The driver DVD that came with the board also won't do anything in the OD, nor will the one that came with the OD.

What should I try next?

I'm running the following:
MBD: Fatal1ty x370 Professional Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X
RAM: Corsair LPX 3200 2x8gb
GPU: MSI GTX 1080ti
PSU Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
OD: Asus DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS

It's been almost two months of one thing after another. I just want my machine to work.
mando424 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mando424 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 4:18pm
Update: I was able to install Linux no problem. Long story short, both DVD and USB worked perfectly and exactly as I thought the Windows install would. Based on this, I'm ruling out any hardware issues and thinking maybe my DVD and USB weren't actually bootable.

I still would like to use the Windows 10 that I paid for but at least I have something for now.
MBD: Fatal1ty x370 Professional Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X
RAM: Corsair LPX 3200 2x8gb
GPU: MSI GTX 1080ti
PSU Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
OD: Asus DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 7:02pm
Mobo won't boot from DVD if you have CSM disabled.

Also, you could easily burn a Win 10 .iso to a USB and boot from it. Use the key when needed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic