ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

b450 pro4 and bios 3.10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bebeth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bebeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 6:33am
Originally posted by mir mir wrote:

I forgot to mention that about down-grading. I also tried going back to 1.80, which worked as expected, but was experiencing exact same thing as you.

Another thing I also forgot to mention is that on the page where the list of found drives are displayed the detailed text is written in Chinese . Maybe this version should have stayed inside the bios development department since it clearly wasn't properly tested before release to the public.

+1 to send that update to beta stage....

But... After many setting toggling, reboot, reseting bios, removing battery...

Got it working. It boot from primary GPU.
Here's a list of setting that I changed :
- SR-IOV              Disabled
- IOMMU               Disabled
- ACS ENABLED        Disabled
- SVM MODE            Enabled
- FAST BOOT           Disabled
- FULL SCREEN LOGO    Disabled

If you want to give a try, let me know your results. I'm interested.

Some setting is for virtualization. Don't know if it applies to your setup, but I need them...

Still on bios ver:3.10, I can't down-grading, but had listing is in English...

PS: I may forget some setting, done a lot of change and reset..
mir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 2:37pm
I forgot to mention that about down-grading. I also tried going back to 1.80, which worked as expected, but was experiencing exact same thing as you.

Another thing I also forgot to mention is that on the page where the list of found drives are displayed the detailed text is written in Chinese . Maybe this version should have stayed inside the bios development department since it clearly wasn't properly tested before release to the public.
Bebeth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bebeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 2:20pm
Addition to my previous post.

Computer seems to not shutdown completely too. CPU & GPU fan still running.

Seems to take longer to post, I mean, after reboot, there's a longer delay before OS startup. And I checked the delay setting, still 1sec...
Bebeth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bebeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 2:02pm
Hi! Got same problem.
Two graphics cards, only one post. And not the one in pcie2. Further research, card seems in d3 power state. Can't force it to d0 state.

The other thing is, I cannot downgrade to previous version using instant flash with USB drive. File is found, show up on screen, but system says: invalid file.

Any other way to fix it?
mir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 3:47am
Hi Asrock,

I have just upgraded my bios to version 3.10 and found a number of bugs in this bios version:

1. When power on it takes 20-30 seconds before the OS starts to boot.
2. In bios the feature to upgrade bios via network and network configuration has vanished.
3. no post if 2 GPU's are present and monitors are connected to GPU in pcie2. If monitors are connected to GPU in pcie4 it will post but GPU in pcie2 is disabled. If only one GPU is present it will post regardless whether the GPU is attached to either pcie.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic