ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450 fatality ITX - bios 3.10 broken

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
gkagg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkagg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450 fatality ITX - bios 3.10 broken
    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Am4_bored Am4_bored wrote:

I have fixed this issue via downgrade. Here are the instructions (very complicated since instant flash will not allow for downgrade).

1. Create Windows live bootable USB (Windows To Go)
2. Unhook all SATA, such as HDD and SSD (this allows keyboard / bios to work). Works around boot loader bug.
3. Disable Secure Boot (required to flash from Windows).
4. Boot into Windows live USB (please note sometimes may not be detected due to boot loader bug, but usually works after a few tries).
5. Open a command line with admin privileges.
6. Run AFUWINx64.exe with the parameters /CAPSULE /B /P /N using older bios, e.g., 1.30, 1.70. This program is included with ASRock download.
7. Allow system to shutdown and instant flash should start during reboot.

I take no responsibility if this bricks your system, but it saved mine.

ASRock should consider pulling this BIOS until this boot bug is fixed. Not sure if it impacts all chips. My Chip was a Ryzen 3 2200G with a MX500 SSD.

Hello. Where did you find AFUWINx64.exe?
Can you flash the Instant flash files as well?
Thanx
Pluss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pluss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 6:09pm
The solution posted above is way too complicated for me. I borrowed an Athlon 200ge from a friend and it worked. I was able to downgrade to 1.7 through Windows, not instant flash.
Sukren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sukren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 2:23am
making various checks I noticed that in the bios the ssd disk is recognized. The problem is in the windows boot but I couldn't fix. Making a new installation I restored the system, everything works. I have not found the problem of the audio hdmi reported, I use a RX 850 with 8 GB.
Daveydguk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveydguk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 2:00pm
AMD HDMI audio was also broken on my HTPC.

Using saphire rx580 4gb version.

Will wait for version 3.20 I think.
MethanolMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MethanolMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 6:42pm
I have an issue where my Monitor goes to sleep. even with settings for screen to never and Sleep to never sleep.

I've tried New cables new Different Monitors.

I have also tried sop instructions but I don't understand them. It says to uninstall the vgea driver but my says Gtx 1080. So in did as it said and ended up with a windows drive there. And still can Downgrade my bios. Im lost on your instructions on line 6. I would need more dumbing down for me to follow it.
Anyway thanks for listening
Pluss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pluss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 7:54am
Same. :( Pc config: ryzen 2600, M.2 Sata SSD Micron 1100
Sukren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sukren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 6:31am
I have the same problem, bios 3.10 is broken, don't see my M.2 SSD :(
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 12:45am
Hmm, interesting reading.

Thanks for the follow-up!
Am4_bored View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Am4_bored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 11:42pm
I have fixed this issue via downgrade. Here are the instructions (very complicated since instant flash will not allow for downgrade).

1. Create Windows live bootable USB (Windows To Go)
2. Unhook all SATA, such as HDD and SSD (this allows keyboard / bios to work). Works around boot loader bug.
3. Disable Secure Boot (required to flash from Windows).
4. Boot into Windows live USB (please note sometimes may not be detected due to boot loader bug, but usually works after a few tries).
5. Open a command line with admin privileges.
6. Run AFUWINx64.exe with the parameters /CAPSULE /B /P /N using older bios, e.g., 1.30, 1.70. This program is included with ASRock download.
7. Allow system to shutdown and instant flash should start during reboot.

I take no responsibility if this bricks your system, but it saved mine.

ASRock should consider pulling this BIOS until this boot bug is fixed. Not sure if it impacts all chips. My Chip was a Ryzen 3 2200G with a MX500 SSD.
Am4_bored View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Am4_bored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 11:15am
Bios 3.10 has problems and I can?™t downgrade. Instant flash says ?śinvalid file??when trying to downgrade. There is some kind of problem with the boot loader. When my SSD is connected the system will display boot screen but will not go into windows or respond to any key commands to enter bios. With ssd disconnected I can get into the bios and the keyboard responds.

When will a newer bios be available to correct this issue?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic