ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slow Network speed : Asus X99E-ITX/ac Win 8.1 Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slow Network speed : Asus X99E-ITX/ac Win 8.1 Pro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MarkV1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkV1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slow Network speed : Asus X99E-ITX/ac Win 8.1 Pro
    Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 4:05am
And pardon my ASUS / ASRock flipping.  I did too much ASUS as a young man and it obviously had a detrimental effect on my brain.
MarkV1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkV1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 4:01am
It was the ASRock XFast LAN utility.  Uninstalled and everything went back to fast.
MarkV1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkV1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 3:52am
Slow Network speed for Asus X99E-ITX/ac on Win 8.1 Pro x64

Doing a speedtest.net on my X99e-ITX/ac (either of the two ports), I get a maximum of 30mbps down and 1 mbps up.

The machine right next to it is doing 355mbps down/236 mbps up.  Same network.  Same destination.

I swapped cables.  The speed stays fast on the machine next to it and slow on the X99E-ITX.  I swapped ports.  Same thing. 

I reinstalled the Intel LAN (dated 2/17) drivers from the ASrock support web.  I disabled wifi (since I was concerned it was using Wifi instead of wired LAN).  I've swapped routers/switches.  I tried different browsers (Chrome/IE)

What else am I missing?

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic