ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A58M-VG3+ R2.0 UEFI with Certain GPUs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM2A58M-VG3+ R2.0 UEFI with Certain GPUs
    Posted: 09 May 2015 at 7:51pm
I'm having an issue where my UEFI will not load if I have my R9 270 installed in the PC. It's definitely an issue with the card and Motherboard as I put in a NVidia GT 730 into the PC and the UEFI loads without issue. I have updated to the latest BIOS (the latest is 1.80 as I write this) and I have already RMA'd the card. Besides not letting me into the UEFI settings and menu, the card works perfectly. I have no crashing or any other issues. What could be the problem?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 12:30pm
That is a curious issue, you cannot start the UEFI UI when the R9 270 video card is installed.

Did you clear the CMOS/BIOS after installing the R9 270 card?

Are you using Windows 8/8.1, and the board's Fast Boot feature?

In the BIOS, North Bridge Configuration screen, have you changed the default setting of the IOMMU option? Regardless of its current setting, try changing to the other, either enabled or disabled.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 1:13pm
I am guessing based on your post that you are using an Athlon without integrated GPU. I would suggest you set your bios to use PCIE over onboard graphics while you have your GT 730 installed then try again with the r9 270, also be sure to disable the integrated GPU, the athlon my not have one but the setting in the bios may be trying to initialize it. Athlon FM2 CPUs are basically A series APUs with the IGP disabled, your CPU may be reporting that it has one when in fact it does not.

Just out of curiosity, if you hook up your monitor to the motherboard DVI do you get any kind of signal?
Shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 5:43am
Thank you for the replies. However, I was able to figure out the issue. The card has a UEFI and only an UEFI option. The board itself was in compatibility mode. With that being the case, the card will not load into the UEFI properly. I did a bit of finagling on my part and got it all to work. Wasn't fun but oh well..
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 5:56am
Glad to hear you got it sorted Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic