ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock J4105M bios

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkSink38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock J4105M bios
    Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:32am
So I just bought a ASRock J4105M. It says on the sales page it supports DDR4 2400Mhz memory. I plopped a stick of F4-2400C15S-8GVR Gskill Ripjaw 2400 in and it is only detecting it as 2133. I emailed asrock about if we could get a ram speed option in the BIOS or at least tell me why 2400Mhz is not working. A week has gone by and I have not gotten any response but I did get the confirmation email. What the heck.
PinkSink38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkSink38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 2:54am
I got an email from asrock asking for a RMA number. I had to email back what the heck since I wasn't looking for a RMA. Then they asked me for my RAM model number again even though it was in the email and the form they made me fill out. Another day has gone by and I still don't have any solution. :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkSink38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 11:53am
Another day goes by and still no reply back

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkSink38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 10:19pm
Another day goes by and still no reply.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkSink38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 9:02am
I got another email from asrock today telling me to go ahead and submit my RMA. WTF. I once again told them this is not an RMA problem. Still no solution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkSink38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 4:36am
Another day goes by and I got another email from askrock. At this point I am just going to start posting their replies since it is hilariously bad and it is clear they don't even read what I put down. We need a bios fix or solution to support 2400MHZ ram, not a fix, not an RMA.

"The manufacture warranty provides replacement only. We do not do repairs. Our replacement boards are new and tested by our technicians before shipping out to our customers."

So another day goes by with no solution.
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 9:38pm
Might help if you used memory that is on the QVL.
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkSink38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 4:36am
First their QVL has only like 10 sticks of memory. Only one of them are 4GB. Three are 16GB and that directly goes against how much memory is supported officially. Also some are 3000MHZ and once again that is not supposed to be supported. Only like 2 are 8GB and 2400MHZ. All of the listed sticks that run above 2400 are supposed to work at 2400mhz and not 2133. Some are only available in China or are no longer produced such as PANRAM, UMAX, and V-Color. Their only Samsung ram pulls up on amazon as a laptop module or it is just no longer produced. The apacer stick is also no longer produced. So the QVL is pretty much bumpkins. Many of the QVL sticks where still available are double the price of every other stick. The manual and sales page does not state that it has to be on the QVL. Citing QVL is a cop-out to a real problem.

Any ram that is 2400MHZ JEDEC compatible should be able to work with this board. Not just 10 sticks of several year old memory. It is advertised as supporting 2400MHZ ram. If it works at 2133MHZ it should be able to work at 2400MHZ. There is no option in the bios to even change the ram speed. Even if I had one of their QVL sticks I bet it also would not run at 2400MHZ.

I also have a friend who got the same system and the same memory and is having the same exact problem. I got an email back from asrock today saying they are trying to issue an RMA because their technician said it should be RMA. I know this is not an RMA problem. At minimum they should let us pick the ram speed in the BIOS.

My friend messages them back also stating all of this. Another day goes by and still no solution. This is the most common stick of 2400MHZ memory for sale in America and it should work.

RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 9:39am
OK you know everything!
Asrock x570 Taichi

RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 9:40am
Get a board from another MFGR
Asrock x570 Taichi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic