ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why is the forum so bad?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkSink38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why is the forum so bad?
    Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:40am
Honestly this is one of the worst forums I have ever seen. I cannot see my post in the list of topics under this category. When you look at the most recent post in the overview it is then not on the list of topics when you select that category. Maybe this should be updated to a modern forum software like phpBB?
otakumr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otakumr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 11:53am
It's not on the top-middle of the page, it's at the very mid-bottom of the main page.
I think it's the design fault of web.
PinkSink38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkSink38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 8:28pm
Under Forum Topics? I see posts from 2018 and earlier there but not my posts from yesterday.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkSink38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 8:28pm
If the only way to find a topic is by "recent activity" there is a serious problem.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkSink38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 8:29pm
Hahaha this says I am posting too much but it lets my post go through anyways.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:20pm
lol, yeah, I am not a fan of the forum code either but by the time I suggested phpBB, which I am much more familiar with both administering and using, there were already too many posts and users on the forums and there is no way to migrate from this forum system to phpBB so we are stuck with it.

I really need to unsticky a bunch of posts that are no longer current/relevant. I will be looking into that over the next few weeks. That is why you see "old posts" before recent ones. I think it's safe to say most people don't need a sticky on posting pictures anymore.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkSink38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 11:38pm
Convert the DB to Mysql and import to phpBB or just rip the band aid off and do from scratch. The copyright 2016 at the bottom of the site scares me.... looks like most people jumped off the web wiz bandwagon back in '07.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic