ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z87E-ITX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeverson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z87E-ITX
    Posted: 09 May 2015 at 9:33pm
Hello,

I have an Z87E-ITX. I just recently upgraded my monitor to a 4K monitor that only uses the displayport. I was having some issues with my AMD card so I went into the bios and selected the internal/onboard Intel video for testing. It works fine on that connection. However, now that I have done some troubleshooting and want to try my AMD card again I cannot get the BIOS to display over the onboard displayport connection. After it runs the system checks and you get the screen where it prompts you to hit F2 or Del to enter the BIOS, I have tried both, it just goes to a blank but active screen (monitor still getting a signal) but doesn't move on from there. How do I get back into the bios to change my video setting to see if my card issue it fixed? Thanks
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 1:20am
Do you have cables from both video sources connected to your monitor?

Do you have the input selection of your monitor set to Auto Select, or whatever it is called for your monitor? With multiple cables connected to a monitor, you must manually choose which to use as its input, or have it set to Auto Select. Sorry, you may know this, but it is common for people to forget about it.

If that does not work, you'll need to clear the CMOS/BIOS to get into the BIOS. Also, only have a cable connected to the onboard video source.

Another option for you, in the BIOS, Chipset Configuration screen, find the IGPU Multi-Monitor option. If you set this to enabled, both video sources will be active at the same time.

Don't forget it is NOT good to remove or switch video cables on any video source with the PC on. You should shut it off, turn off the PSU, and then remove or move the video cable.
jeverson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeverson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 9:11am
I am using only a single displayport cable as the monitor only has a single displayport and no other types of ports. With just that single cable plugged in the BIOS will not load after selecting F2/Del to get in. The screen is just blank. It looks like it is about to go into the BIOS but doesn't. I want to avoid resetting the the CMOS if at all possible as that will mean losing all my other settings. Thanks
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 1:56pm
Your board's BIOS must have an option to save BIOS profiles. It's probably in the Tools section, or in the OC Tweaker screen.

A BIOS profile will save all the settings which you can then load  any time by selecting the Load Profile option. Of course you must save the profile first.

Clearing the CMOS/BIOS will not clear any profiles. Installing a new BIOS version will clear the profiles.

You can also save pictures of your BIOS screens with a USB flash drive connected to a USB port on the board's IO panel. While a BIOS screen is displayed, press the F12 key, and a message will appear if the screen shot was stored on the USB Flash drive.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic