ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Power on without CPU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salkoazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power on without CPU
    Posted: 02 May 2019 at 6:16pm
Hello, I own an Asrock b360 pro4 and while I'm still waiting for my cpu to arrive I decided to assemble the motherboard and PSU in the case so I could test my case fans, but when I press the power button nothing happens at all. Just wanted to know if this is normal for a motherboard without cpu, or should the fans spin and Leds turn on?
Derekmiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derekmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 12:00pm
Did you ever get this fixed? I'm in the same boat here. My CPU won't be here until Friday,so I'd like to know if I need to RMA the board or if it's because the CPU isn't installed. I got everything connected,even paperclip tested the psu and all is well but no power on Mobo
Salkoazer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salkoazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 3:19pm
As soon as I installed the cpu and cooler everything worked perfectly!
Derekmiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derekmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 3:24pm
That's what I'm hoping for. Thanks so much for the reply!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic