ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AGESA V0.0.7.2/Ryzen 3xxx support - Did Asrock for
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AGESA V0.0.7.2/Ryzen 3xxx support - Did Asrock for

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillBoY_UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AGESA V0.0.7.2/Ryzen 3xxx support - Did Asrock for
    Posted: 03 May 2019 at 7:45pm

As above.

Every other X470 board has a update, most other boards have a update inc the older x370 boards and other last gen Hxx/Axx/Bxx boards, but not the one at the top of the stack.

Heck even the normal X470 Taichi has an update, I'm starting to think its not going to happen/forgot about it and I have no upgrade path.

KillBoY_UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillBoY_UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 7:55pm
-=AGESA V0.0.7.2/Ryzen 3xxx support - Did Asrock forget about the X470 Taichi ultimate=- was meant to the be thread title
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 9:33pm
I suggest you chill a bit.

Zen 2 is not even you yet and you are crying about BIOS support.

It will be done, of course. It's ASRock's current flaghip mobo for AM4 after all.

I wonder what use of this AGESA the other users have, given it's out for their mobos?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillBoY_UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by xhue xhue wrote:

I suggest you chill a bit.

Zen 2 is not even you yet and you are crying about BIOS support.

It will be done, of course. It's ASRock's current flaghip mobo for AM4 after all.

I wonder what use of this AGESA the other users have, given it's out for their mobos?

How rude, it was a valid question and concern and you can only criticise and belittle very classy.

You would of though a flag ship product eps one which is a slight variant of the X470 Taichi (which has support) would have a bios update already, over a low end A320M-ITX.

Very strange.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:22pm
I don't think xhue was trying to be rude, merely point out that Ryzen 3k is not out yet so there is still time for updates to be released to support it.

As for your question, I don't know why ASRock hasn't released an update for your board yet but if the past is any gauge it's likely because it is the flagship X470 board and they are likely putting in a bit more effort and testing before releasing the update. Those of us that buy top tier boards are typically a very critical lot, naturally as we spent a lot, so taking a bit of extra time and care with updates is a pretty smart move IMO. In the 4 years or so I have been a moderator in these forums ASRock has never "forgotten" a board, updates may be held up on particular models for various reasons but they always get one if other boards on the same platform did.

Give it time and I am sure you will find the X470 Taichi Ultimate will get it's update. If it takes too long I will get in touch with my contacts at ASRock and see what the holdup is and post back here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillBoY_UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I don't think xhue was trying to be rude, merely point out that Ryzen 3k is not out yet so there is still time for updates to be released to support it.

As for your question, I don't know why ASRock hasn't released an update for your board yet but if the past is any gauge it's likely because it is the flagship X470 board and they are likely putting in a bit more effort and testing before releasing the update. Those of us that buy top tier boards are typically a very critical lot, naturally as we spent a lot, so taking a bit of extra time and care with updates is a pretty smart move IMO. In the 4 years or so I have been a moderator in these forums ASRock has never "forgotten" a board, updates may be held up on particular models for various reasons but they always get one if other boards on the same platform did.

Give it time and I am sure you will find the X470 Taichi Ultimate will get it's update. If it takes too long I will get in touch with my contacts at ASRock and see what the holdup is and post back here.

Thank you Xaltar.

I have personally used asrock boards since the Z67 days, my old X99 Formula OC is now hung on my wall after years of use as this was the very same board 8pack did his world record runs on.
kschendel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kschendel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 11:12pm
The Taichi BIOS update had some issues at first. Given that it's apparently an irreversible update, I'm glad that they aren't rushing the Ultimate version.
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 3:37pm
The BIOSes must all be revised. I can not currently recommend the AGESA 0072 for ZEN1! It is difficult to get ZEN1 and ZEN2 under one roof.
Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 11:33am
they annouced it today so you could calm down i'll only switch to zen 2 if a 16C or more is released on the platform.

i'm happily streaming 1440@60 but i do want some more performance :D
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 6:03pm
New = AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.1
Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic