ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi p5.10+ lost NVME

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genedjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:57am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Interesting............
Do you have any card in PCIE5, the bottom slot?
Which M2 position are you using? M2_1 or M2_2?

I believe M2_1 as it's labeled the "Ultra M.2"
The only other PCI slot being used in for the PCIex16 for the Vega 56 GPU at the top.

And a little more data -
My original issue was the Vega 56 crashing after reboot. That is also resolved. The card works very well.

But, I am not sure it's the fresh W10 install or the BIOS update or both. My guess at this time, is fresh windows install.

So everything is great, except booting from the Ultra M.2 slot. I really want that performance.

We'll see what ASRock says tomorrow.
X370 Taichi, 16GB, 256M.2
genedjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genedjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:47am
OK, ASRock has offered to RMA the MB after me owning it for almost 2 years - I can't fault them for that. In fact that is quite lenient.

But it looks like I need to send it first - so I would be out of a system for a while. If that is the case, I am buying a x470 from someone else and selling the new MB. I cannot be without a main system that long. (Hours is bad, days unlivable, I use this box 10-14 hours a day.)

But hey - updating the BIOS should not impact a working system.   So what if I want to use a new processor in the future, why would that break the one I am using - no wait - it did not break that.

So right now, I am booting from SSD on SATA 1. That is working fine, but the performance difference is very noticeable. I went from seconds to 10s of seconds for everything on the OS disk.

Even if I need to upgrade processors, tell me - that may be an exciting option. Can we say R7 2700!!!!!

And no response from my query as to fixing the M.2 boot issue.   I will give it another day - but then I am probably back to Asus/MSI as I have had zero issues with several of their products. Though right now Gigabyte is cheapest with great reviews. (x470 and WiFi is a must)

For RAID, the disk is set to ACHI (or something like that where the other choice is RAID). I do have a mirror, but I let Windows take care of that.

I am very disappointed.   This setup has worked damn'd near perfect since the build. But - updates to the BIOS are critical for a long "use life" and ASRock has failed that measure - so far.

X370 Taichi, 16GB, 256M.2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic