ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Problems with ryzen 5 2400g and ASRock B450M-HLD R
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with ryzen 5 2400g and ASRock B450M-HLD R

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonardom57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with ryzen 5 2400g and ASRock B450M-HLD R
    Posted: 23 May 2019 at 10:39pm
Hi,

I just bought a new PC with the following things:

ASRock B450M-HLD R4.0 (BIOS P1.0)
RYZEN 5 2400G 3.9GHz + Radeon Vega 11 AM4 STOCK Cooler
(stock settings, XLP profile for RAM, and 2gb allocated graphics memory)
2x8GB RAM Team DDR4 2666MHz T-Force Vulcan Red
Power Supply Corsair 450W CX450M Semi Modular 80 Plus Bronze
SSD Kingston A400 240gb 2,5'' Sata3
HHD Seagate 1TB Barracuda 64MB SATA 6GB/s

and also I already had a wifi card
TPLINK PCI Express Dual band AC AC1300 - Archer T6E

The problem only happends during games
I just tested the following games
GTA V
CS GO
The division 2

the system just Bricks. It shows black screen and I can't do nothing to restart the system. If I press and hold the power button, nothing happends, I also tried to press ctrl + win + shift + B to reset graphics drives but it doesn't work (I have the last recommended drives). The PC keep working but it shows black screen.

I have reinstalled windows 10 3 times and I tested it with different drives for the APU, I pulled off the wifi card and I change the SSD with other I have but it keeps doing the same.

So, I believe that you are going to recommend me to update the BIOS because the asrock web had a lot of BIOS updates
https://asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450M-HDV R4.0/index.es.asp#BIOS

so I would like and advise before upgrading the BIOS,
What should I do to prevent a fail during the BIOS upgrading?

And also the asrock webpage says that I need to upgrade to 1.4 before upgrade o the last version 2.3
and other thing that I don't understand is Why the page says that I need to install the VGA driver before upgrading the BIOS?

Thanks.
Leonardo.
dylancazaly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylancazaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 6:51pm
Exploring the thrilling world of Division 2 with Boosthive's exceptional services was an absolute game-changer for me. Their professionalism and expertise transformed every mission into an exhilarating adventure, pushing me to new heights of excitement and achievement. With Boosthive's unwavering support, I navigated through the intense battles of Division 2 with confidence, emerging victorious time and time again. For gamers seeking to elevate their Division 2 experience and dominate the competition, Boosthive's services are the ultimate solution. Click here to learn more and begin your journey to gaming greatness: https://boosthive.eu/division-2
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 7:08am
Wow, still on the original BIOS (1.00).

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450M-HDV%20R4.0/index.asp#BIOS

If going by that page, you'd flash to 1.40, and then to 3.10.
That's because they don't recommend going past that with Raven Ridge (2400G) CPU.

Me personally, would go 1.40, and then all the way to 10.10. I don't think there's any other intermediate BIOS requirement.

As for black-screeening while playing games, it might not have anything to do with BIOS. Have you checked the CPU temperature? Maybe the heatsink isn't installed properly (thermal paste bad/missing? incorrectly installed?). Broken fan, or not properly connected fan could be an issue, also.

There could be million things that can cause system instability when loaded.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic