ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble setting up my new Ryzen on B450 Pro4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble setting up my new Ryzen on B450 Pro4
    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 11:13am
I ran the 2200g on my wife's ASUS B350 and it was unstable with 4 sticks .. it didn't matter what speed I ran the ram at .. 4 sticks = unstable. I upgraded her to a 3400g on same mobo and working great now. The onboard memory controller on the 2200g isn't that robust it seems. Worked great with 2 sticks though.
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
AMD_ATI_OC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMD_ATI_OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 2:10pm
Hi guys, picking up from where I left off over the past 7 months or so. I am trying to desperately trying to upgrade the ram from 8GB to 16GB but to no success.

1. I tried to complement the original 2 Crucial rams by buying 2 similar sticks of Crucial rams. But these 2 new sticks have slightly different identification ending CT4G4DFS8213.A8FAR11. Once again the motherboard started boot-looping again and I have to take out the new 2 sticks which I installed.
  2. Next I bought 4 sticks of ADATA DDR4 2133(15) 4GX8 U-DIMM with the all the same identification (AD4U2133W4G15-BHYA) thinking it might work. To my disappointment, the PC is displaying boot-looping again. I tried installing as 4 sticks before decreasing 2 sticks thinking that maybe the 2 ram slots are faulty. The results turn out negative so I have to revert back to my original 2 crucial rams.

3. I did a complete CMOS clearance (battery out, pressing against the jumper) for each time i attempt to install new rams. But it does not work.

Will someone please help me out here? I'm desperate.

xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 7:46pm
Interesting!

I always thought the first M.2 slot accepts both PCIe and SATA drives.
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 4:12pm
Regarding the specs of the B450 Pro4, M2_1 does not support M.2 SATA3.
But your WD Green m.2 are M.2 SATA3 SSDs.
For this first M2 slot, you have to use a M.2 PCI Express SSD.
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 4:02pm
Now that your mobo can POST, try updating your BIOS. After updating, clear CMOS again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMD_ATI_OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Ray62 Ray62 wrote:

What is the problem?
Don't you find the two pins named "19 Clear CMOS Jumper (CLRCMOS2)" as shown in the manual?
Or are you missing the "Jumper" cap to put on these pins?
The to pins need a shortcut for some seconds (after switching off power supply and anplugging the cord from the wall as described in the manual).
If no jumper on hand, use something else (tweezers) to make the shortcut.

If this feels too dangerous for you, put two RAM sticks in A2/B2, switch on and try to get into the bios by pressing del key and load CMOS defaults.

If this still does not work, remove the CMOS battery for some minutes or look for a jumper elsewhere. Maybe it is somewhere in the package of your mainboard.

Thank you Ray62 for the tweezers suggestion! That was all I needed because I was looking all around for the 'jumper cap' but there was none.

Now it boots up, I have another problem though.

My m.2_1 port is not working. I tried switching both my m.2 SSD into the port, but it cannot be read. Can anyone help me with that?

Current setup:
m.2_1 : Does not recognize any of my m.2
m.2_2 : Working with WD Green m.2 120GB / WD Green m.2 240GB
SATA3_A1 : Working with WD Green 2.5" 120GB
SATA3_A2 : Working with WD Green 2.5" 240GB
SATA3_1 : Empty
SATA3_2 : Empty
SATA3_3 : Empty
SATA3_4 : Empty
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 11:53pm
And remove all your drives! If bios/screen is working you can continue with one drive for the OS.
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 11:50pm
What is the problem?
Don't you find the two pins named "19 Clear CMOS Jumper (CLRCMOS2)" as shown in the manual?
Or are you missing the "Jumper" cap to put on these pins?
The to pins need a shortcut for some seconds (after switching off power supply and anplugging the cord from the wall as described in the manual).
If no jumper on hand, use something else (tweezers) to make the shortcut.

If this feels too dangerous for you, put two RAM sticks in A2/B2, switch on and try to get into the bios by pressing del key and load CMOS defaults.

If this still does not work, remove the CMOS battery for some minutes or look for a jumper elsewhere. Maybe it is somewhere in the package of your mainboard.
Under test:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMD_ATI_OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by xhue xhue wrote:

Mixed RAM is definately a huge possibility!

Try just 2 sticks of RAM from the same type in solts A2/B2. Clear CMOS and check again. It should boot now.

I took out pair of Crucial RAM first leaving behind the Kingston RAM, but it keeps boot-looping without display.

Next I took out I took out the pair of Kingston RAM and put back the Crucial RAM, now it does not boot-loop. But there is still not display.

I look through the entire motherboard and I cannot find any jumper on the it... How do I clear the CMOS without a jumper?

One thing I noticed is that I don't hear any beep coming from my motherboard all this while. Is it that the motherboard is faulty?
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 8:30pm
Mixed RAM is definately a huge possibility!

Try just 2 sticks of RAM from the same type in solts A2/B2. Clear CMOS and check again. It should boot now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic