ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Phantom RX 580 temperature 88 deg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kutumbabaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phantom RX 580 temperature 88 deg
    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:51pm
Hi.
I just bought phantom RX580 8gb recently. Using AMD overlay i noticed that the gpu temperature constantly reaching 88 deg celcius when i play game. I am using standard setting, no OC

The game: GTA 5 with Redux mod very high graphic
I want to enjoy the graphic of the game so i want to keep the very high setting. The fps is mostly between 25-30, sometimes drop to 20 for a second.

Proc: Ryzen 5 2400
Mobo: asrock AB350 pro
Psu: gamemax 650 watt 80+ bronze
Casing: digital alliance game N9 with additional 2 exhaust fan in front

Is it normal and still in safe range?

Thanks.
Kutumbabaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kutumbabaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 6:23am
Owh i forgot to mention, the fan speed constantly around 2500 so it doesnt make noise like it is throttling, so i assume the vga is doing fine. However i searched the internet and people already concerned when reaches 80 deg.
Even with normal GTA5 play the vga is around 78-80 deg.
moonstarmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonstarmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Kutumbabaa Kutumbabaa wrote:

Owh i forgot to mention, the fan speed constantly around 2500 so it doesnt make noise like it is throttling, so i assume the vga is doing fine. However i searched the internet and people already concerned when reaches 80 deg.
Even with normal GTA5 play the vga is around 78-80 deg.

I get this on my RX590 if I keep my card max 50% RPM...you will need to go 55-60% over 70C to keep the temp down. This is sadly the norm for the RX500s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic