ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock Fatal1ty B450 GAMING-ITX MotherBoard Temps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Fatal1ty B450 GAMING-ITX MotherBoard Temps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OwlEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 GAMING-ITX MotherBoard Temps
    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 11:58am
Recently I built a new pc and noticed on HMMonitor the temps for my ASRock Fatal1ty B450 GAMING-ITX motherboard are questionable. The Mainboard temp is fine as a few others but the TMPIN6 is a bit high running at 118C (244F) Idle. Under load it's about the same. I am wondering if there is a bad sensor or HWMonitor isn't up to date, or I have a problem. Please be specific in responses
OwlEyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OwlEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 12:05pm
Here's an image [IMG][/IMG]
Onox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 7:46pm
As far as I know, very high temperatures like this can indicate a bad or not connected sensor, or sometimes the temperature is just not read correctly by HW Monitor. But you didn't give much information. What overclock do you have? Also, do you really have 1.8 V on the DRAM!? This is dangerously high!
Onox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 7:52pm
Well, the sensor probably is connected to something here since the temperature varies. But sometimes, you will see temperatures that never vary on some mainboards. For example, TMPIN3 always stays at 40 °C on my X370 Taichi. (Why can't we edit posts here? This forum could really use some improvements, like Unicode support too )
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Onox Onox wrote:

(Why can't we edit posts here? This forum could really use some improvements, like Unicode support too )

You can thank spammers for that, they figured out that we were deleting posts that contained links not pertinent to tech so they made seemingly relevant posts and then came back the next day and edited in their spam links (buy your nike shoes here for example). It made it next to impossible to notice once they had scrolled off the recent post list. So now, no more hot linking and no more edit function. This is by design to make my life easier and keep the community safe from potentially harmful links. Back in the day all you had to worry about were bots that spammed a half dozen or so posts with BS in them, now we have actual human spammers that get paid to abuse forums. End result, not as easy to thwart....

As for the sensors, if it isn't detected as high with ASRock's own utility then it is an error in the monitoring app. Install the ASRock tuning utility for your board and have a look at what that tells you, so long as no temps are overly high there, you are fine.
OwlEyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OwlEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 12:00pm
Oh damn I didn't notice lol but that's cause it's wrong on there. The true gauge is 1.35v, for some reason HWMonitor is reader 1.8
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 3:00am
Current HWMonitor is Version 1.40 from March 2019

Try https://www.hwinfo.com/
HWInfo has a lot of more features, is updated very often and a more common used tool
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 4:08am
HWmonitor is one of the better 3rd party apps yes. Every board manufacturer uses it's own sensor layout and design so it is very common for 3rd party apps to misread/misidentify sensors when new products launch. It takes a while for the 3rd party developer to update the software, typically by reverse engineering the manufacturers own temp monitoring app or the info directly from the BIOS.

3rd party apps tend to be more comprehensive and can tell you a lot more about what your system is doing but the downside is that they can really freak you out on occasion when your board isn't properly supported and you see unnaturally high readings. I always start out with the manufacturer app to make sure everything is good there, once I know all is well I then get rid of the typically very basic manufacturer app and install HWmonitor or the like.
LilNardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 4:58am
Hey I haven't been able to find anywhere what is TMPIN5 for. My TMPIN6 is also constantly between 113-116C which from what I understand now is not a problem. But when I stress test the CPU TMPIN5 can reach 115C or more. I'd like to know if this is the VRM and if it is normal or not.
LilNardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 5:06am
Following further testing, if I push the CPU for heat (small data set, OCCT), I can reach 122C and it is still increasing. After 122C I think it reaches the max of the probe because the temp. drops down to 57C instantaneously.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic