ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bricked X470 Taichi?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RonnieG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonnieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 11:20am
Please keep me updated on your progress. I am looking to purchase this board for a 3900x, but your story is very troublesome.
AsRx470Tc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsRx470Tc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 8:35am
So...

Bought two X470 Taichi boards. Gonna put some 3000 series Ryzen chips in them when ever they arrive.

Paid for a bios update for them in the store cause i don't have any past AMD stuff. But when tey arrived they were only on version 2.00... And i need to be on 3.40 for 3000 series chips.

So i bought an A6-9500 APU for the bios update. Only problem being that all bios versions over 2.00 gave me the "no image file detected" error.. 1.60 and 2.00 showed just fine once i added them.

So, i decided to try backing up to 1.60. Worked fine. Once there, i noticed that all bios versions up to 3.40 showed on the list. BUT, there is a requirement to update to 2.00 first before updating to any 3.XX series bios. So i updated back to 2.00 one more time, just to see that all versions over 2.00 were gone again.

Then i went to 1.60 again and took the risk of trying to update to 3.10.. it didn't complain about it and went through the update. But, when it tried to reboot it got stuck on 00 debug code forever.

So:

1. Did i brick the whole board? :D
2. Was the problem that APU for not being able to go forward from 2.00?
3. If so, what CPU/APU should i use for the other board for the same process?

Other ideas?

Link to bios list https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X470%20Taichi/index.asp#BIOS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic