ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Extreme4 Temps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThieveryisanArt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Extreme4 Temps
    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:30pm
Ok, so just finished a build with an X570 Extreme4 Mobo. System works great, boots fast, runs fast, etc. Personally my best build yet, but I have a "problem" that I'm not sure actually is a problem but I digress.

Here's what's happening, my South Bridge is generating a crap load of heat. I can see they expect heat with fans on the SB in nearly every x570 mobo and a chipset TDP almost 3 times higher than previous X470s, but is 55-56C at Idle normal? It gets as high as 70C under load. But never really drops below or goes above that 15° window between 55C and 70C. Is this expected temp?
ThieveryisanArt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThieveryisanArt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 12:21am
EDIT: So I did notice my GPU sits over a decent portion of the SB cooling unit, so I attempted to move my GPU down to the second slot in an attempt to improve airflow, however my PC doesn't even post when I do that. Which I find strange, but oh well. So I revert my GPU and I revert to my previous question of: "Are these temperatures normal for the 570 chipset?"
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 4:37am
What are you reading the temp with? Particularly with early adoption, it's always best to use the manufacturers own app to read temps (A-Tuning for ASRock). That said, I have no idea what normal temps for x570 are, I don't have one to test with.

3rd party apps, even the really good ones, tend to take some time to figure out how to read the sensors on new boards properly.
ThieveryisanArt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThieveryisanArt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 4:43am
I am, in fact using A-Tuning. Which is a nifty little app I've discovered. But CPUID HWMonitor reads the same temps in the SYSTIN temp as ATuning does for the south bridge.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 1:01pm
Remember - X570 is actually made from the same I/O die that is in the new Ryzen 3000 series CPU.

Even if the temp reading are correct, the chipset should survive, although I agree the temps are too far from what I like them to be.

OP, try and touch the chipset heatsink with the back of your fingers. If it's hot even before you make contact then the temp is high indeed. Care not to hurt yourself! 70C will burn your skin on contact!
qnx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qnx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 1:03am
Hey! new here.

Having same "issue" my extreme4 is showing 70c when idling O.O, fan is spinning around 3200-3500rpm and actually already giving off an high pitch noise :-/

@xhue
When touching the heat sink, i would estimate it to be around 30c

Could it be bad heat transfer? thinking about ripping of the heat sink and applying new paste.

/qnx
brucer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 3:34am
Have you looked and seen what your fan is set at? It may be on silent..

My Taichi stays at 60c all the time, at idle or running benchmarks. My chipset fan is at the standard setting which runs at 4300-4350rpm continuously.. If I set it to high performance it goes to around 4500rpm..

The bigger issue I have stems from motherboards back 15 to 20 years ago, that if the chipset fan dies it takes out the motherboard with it, and chipset fans usually died after a few years.. These chipset fans must be some good fans if they expect them to live any length of time running at 4300-4600 rpm..
Asrock x570 Taichi, Ryzen3800x, 32gb Gskill Royal 36000mhz@ 3733mhz, Samsung 250gb 970evo plus for OS drive, Sabrent Rocket 1tb nvme storage drive.
nyoung3708 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyoung3708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 3:53pm
I too am having my sb temp (or systin temp in hwid) idle around 68 c with this same MB
nyoung3708 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyoung3708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 4:03pm
I will be checking this thread to see if a solution ever pops up or if this just to be expected
riido View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 1:12am
theiveryisanart... i also found out after the fact that the lower slot for the gpu will only support a x4 lane card, of which there are only a handful.. i don't want my gpu heat that close to all the other components in that area; ended up getting a x570 taichi.. that one i can have my gpu where i want... (have to ask asrock just why they even put in a slot that will only handle an x4 lane card?)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic