ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Issues with AsRock B450m Steel Legend + R5 3600
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Issues with AsRock B450m Steel Legend + R5 3600

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsonum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issues with AsRock B450m Steel Legend + R5 3600
    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:13am
Hello, my motherboard is Asrock B450m Steel Legend. I bought Ryzen 5 3600 and replaced my Ryzen 5 2600 yesterday. Now I'm having some serious issues with my new CPU.

First of all, it's really weird that my R5 3600 is running all cores at 4.2ghz at stock for some reasons. I even disabled PBO and Auto OC both in bios and Ryzen Master. As far as I know, the stock speed should be at 4.0Ghz running all cores without any OC tweaks or PBO.

The CPU temperature is also higher than usual. The average temperature is around 57C and it can all the way up to 68C without any OC tweaks and PBO. My CPU cooler is decent enough and I've double-checked the thermal paste and some other stuff. I've tried monitoring the voltage for a while and noticed it's normally around 1.38v and sometimes it can go up 1.425v which really concerned me a lot cause this is without PBO enable and I haven't done any OC tweaks yet. This should not happen at stock.

I can't monitor CPU temperature in real-time using any other software like Afterburner, CAM, or Hwmonitor unless you use Ryzen Master app. Here are some screenshots.

https://ibb.co/hKqSG3N

https://ibb.co/28yf6kb

I've installed the latest bios version from Asrock website (v2.30) and latest AMD chipset driver (v2.0.0.1192) from AMD website.

The major issue is that after playing games for 1 hour, it always either blackout then crashes. When I manually clock it to 4.0ghz/1.325v and play some games, it seems to be stable.

Another thing I notice is when I choose AMD Ryzen Power Saving mode in Power Options of Windows, it clocks at 4.125GHz during gaming and when I choose Windows Power Saving Mode, it clocks at 2.2Ghz during gaming. The clock speed remains at 4.2GHz regardless of choosing AMD Ryzen Balanced/High-Performance Mode or Balanced Mode or High-Performance Mod of Windows.

The last thing is that my PC takes a bit longer than usual to boot or go into the bios. And also the CPU fan is extremely loud during that period when I turn the power on.

Lastly, I have tried reinstalling my Ryzen 5 2600 back and checked if all of these issues happen but my PC is very stable as usual and none of these issues happen with my Ryzen 5 2600.

Please help me! Thanks!
hsonum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsonum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:16am
In case, the image links don't work.
[URL= ] https://ibb.co/28yf6kb [/URL]
[URL= ] https://ibb.co/hKqSG3N [/URL]
hsonum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsonum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:19am
Ah, that's not how it works. How to make URL clickable? :o
hsonum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsonum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:32am
Here's my PC spec in case needed.
Ryzen 5 3600,
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo,
Asrock B450m Steel Legend,
16GB T-force DDR4 3000MHz,
Samsung 1TB SSD,
Colorful i-Game GTX 1660 6GB AD OC Special,
Blackwidow Modular 500w PSU (80 plus Bronze).
evilcasper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evilcasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 7:53am
Hey you are not alone with this, My set up is about the same R5 3600 16GB ram and R580 card.
My CPU teps run from 42 to 60 and everywhere in-between with nothing running but the AsRock A-Tuning program.
This is my 2nd MB as first one would crash or LED lights would just turn on/off and change patterns even with them switched off in Bios.

Just think it's the boards and bad software.

I set fans on 60% and put up with that.           
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic