ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Extreme7+ keeps turning on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batutu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 Extreme7+ keeps turning on
    Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 12:36am
Hi all,

Hope I can get some help on this issue that I can't seem to resolve:

Ever since I've updated my bios to the latest version my computer turns on after 10-15 secs after shutdown. This happens whether I hold the power button down, or shut down Windows normally.

I've tried switching to the backup bios via the jumper. Which worked fine at first. Then I did the update on this bios as well. Now both bios have the same problem.

I've checked several times to be sure wake on lan or some power options were not the culplrit. I'm at a loss on what is causing this.

Please help!!!Ouch

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 2:52am
I never had this problem with my Z170 Extreme7+ board.

Normally the default setting for the following options are set correctly, but check:

In Chipset Configuration, the Deep Sleep option should be Disabled.

In ACPI Configuration, the Suspend to RAM option should be Auto.
batutu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batutu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 8:45am
Hi,

I confirm that these options are set as you mentioned. I've even tried turning them on, reboot, turn options off again, reboot, and it's still happening..

TimH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 10:52am
I am sure you've checked but are all  your wake-on settings off? Wake on lan, etc and all your Power-on settings under the APCI configuration in the UEFI are disabled?
batutu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batutu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 2:06pm
Hi TimH

To answer your question, yes. It was among the first things I checked. I looked carefully over every setting in my bios and all power-on settings for LAN, mouse, keyboard, etc. are all disabled in the APCI menu.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 4:38pm
Have you disabled the following?

1. Boot from onboard LAN (under boot menu)
2. USB Mouse Power On (under ACPI menu 2 - 7)
3. USB Keyboard/Remote Power On
4. PS/2 Keyboard Power On
5. PCIE Devices Power On
6. Ring-In Power On
7. RTC Alarm Power On

Lastly you can try disable: 

ACPI HEPT Table

If none of the others help. From what I have been reading it seems windows 10 has some level of control over the UEFI but I do not see an option to set event timer priority to BIOS rather than OS as described here. I suspect HEPT mode being disabled may achieve the same effect but in a less than ideal way as it looks like it disables the entire feature rather than assigning priority. Bare in mind this is just a guess on my part as I don't have a Z170 system of my own to test with.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic