ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

installing a sx6000 lite to b450m steel legend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk031119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: installing a sx6000 lite to b450m steel legend
    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 9:43pm
I recently bought a new b450m steel legend motherboard for building a new computer, I installed XPG sx6000 lite m.2 SSD on the MB, but it won't show up on the storage device list in the bios, and it is not recognized while I trying to install windows on it, it just didn't show up, what us the problem and how could I fix it?

spec:
ryzen5 3600
corsair vengeance lpx 8BG*2
nsi gtx 1660ti 6g OC
adata sx6000lite 512GB M.2
fsp hydro GE 550w 80 plus gold full modular
tullnd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 12:29am
Which M.2 slot? The upper one is where you want it to be, the one marked Ultra M.2, which comes with the heatsink.

I'm not very familiar with that B450 board, but typically on Asrock, the upper one is the PCIe x4 slot(faster for NVME) that you'd want to use. The lower is likely Sata and PCIe x2, which should also work, but would be slower.

Just to be clear, the drive should appear under Storage Options, but it won't appear under the Boot Menu at first. Windows should see it if you install using a UEFI USB installer. It'll see the drive, and let you partition it for UEFI, then begin the install. After that, it should detect it and allow you to boot from it, but it'll likely just appear as "Windows Boot Manager".

You may need to disable CSM in the BIOS for that last part to work. But no matter what, the drive should at least appear under Storage Options to verify physical connectivity. The other stuff only is important for getting to to appear as a bootable device.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 1:13am
update to 2.50
rickydarktech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickydarktech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:06am
smae pro here installed 3700x with Bios 2.20 was working find until i reboot the pc and now does not detect my m.2. i teste my m.2 in other pc and is working fine, i also updtaed bios to 2.50 still not working. any thoughts?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickydarktech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:12am
Originally posted by rickydarktech rickydarktech wrote:

same pro here installed 3700x with Bios 2.20 was working find until i reboot the pc and now does not detect my m.2. i teste my m.2 in other pc and is working fine, i also updtaed bios to 2.50 still not working. any thoughts?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickydarktech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:12am

same problem here installed 3700x with Bios 2.20 was working find until i reboot the pc and now does not detect my m.2. i teste my m.2 in other pc and is working fine, i also updtaed bios to 2.50 still not working. any thoughts?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickydarktech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:13am

same problem here installed 3700x with Bios 2.20 was working find until i reboot the pc and now does not detect my m.2. i tested my m.2 in other pc and is working fine, i also updated bios to 2.50 still not working. any thoughts?

sk031119 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk031119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:17pm
I do put it into the ultra m.2 slot , but it didn?™t even show up in bios. I just go back to the shop and they say it is a faulty drive, but now I do the same thing with the new ssd, it still won?™t appear, should there be something I missed in the bios setting? I updated it to 2.3, may be 2.5 will work?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickydarktech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:27pm
no working i tried with both 2.30 and 2.50
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic