ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No wifi options on window 10 Taichi X570

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No wifi options on window 10 Taichi X570
    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 2:19am
Hello, finished my new build last night and installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1903. After Windows installed and relaunched I wanted to register and update windows to the current version, but there is no option for WiFi, just ethernet? Is this something with Windows or the motherboard. Do I need to connect something on the motherboard for this to work, or did I miss something?

Thank you.
mrgadget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrgadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 4:26pm
Is wireless card seen okay in device manager?
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 5:30pm
If the wireless card is not seen okay in device manager, check the enabled status in the bios and don't forget to connect the WiFi antenna ;-)
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
lwik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 10:44pm
Good Morning. The problem has been resolved. In order to get it running and be discovered by Windows 10 I had to plug it in to the ethernet port and right in to the router. Then when I was online with the ethernet connections I ran the updates. One of the updates I noticed was an AMD. I am not sure it that update is what fixed it or one of the many other updates it run. The end result was the WiFi was finally noticed and is working now.

Thanks you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic