ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

new build hiccups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
riido View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new build hiccups
    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 2:54am
oh, and with some tweaking on the evga 280 aio i've got temps down to mid 30's now for cpu and mb is under 30 C... makes me a bit more comfortable... again, thanks...
riido View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 2:50am
thanks my friend.... yep, up and running well now.. just have to reload programs and such.. bigger pain than building it to begin with..(that really wasn't a pain, i enjoy it too much!) ... and yep again, old.. ray1962 ? how about reed1950 ??    .. i do thank you for your help; only reply you see! me- half german half swede.. have a niece and family in jessen (i think it is)... .. and very happy with my benchmark! now just need to move everything from my 2012 build with seven drives in it over to this new one... would include photo but not sure how... hope your day, or night, goes well...
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 10:29pm
but and

Old fashioned guy? Well, old anyway?
Look at my nick. I didn't want to use Ray1962...
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
riido View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 9:43am
went back and pulled aio and cpu.. bent pin!! two directions!!! but i'm patient and got it straightened out again.. reinstalled and started it up and straight into bios.. checked things out; temp difference still high (to me..32C mb, 48C cpu .. just more than my old fx 6300, but then lots more power too) .. first passmark performance test has me at 6346.4, 98th percentile; old pc at 2417.6, 53rd percentile... think i'm going to like this!

asrock x470 taichi
ryzen 7 3700x (no oc)
corsair dominator 32gb 3200 c16 @ 2666
corsair 540 air case
samsung 970 evo plus m2
evga gtx 1660 sc
evga 750 g2 psu
evga aio 280 cooler
2x samsung 860 evo ssd 1tb
2x wd black 2tb
plextor duplication grade cd/dvd
aft pro88 card reader
3x be quiet 120 silent wings
windows 10 pro 64
riido View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 5:48am
ray62... thanks for the reply.. my problem yesterday was my own idiocy ! i had sent the board into asrock for the bios update, got it back and forgot to reinstall the m2 drive! got it all up and running again last night, installed windows and updated drivers for gpu; software for board.. had gone back to air cooler but cpu temps were near 60 C when mb was 30C.. shut it down and started over today. reinstalled cpu and aio cooler and other drives.. started it up and no bios again;no display period.. shutting itself off and restarting with repeat.. did the cmos reset three times with button; trying now with jumper (i'm an old fashioned guy! well, old anyway!) power unplugged, battery out, cmos jumpered, all sata unplugged; no jumper, battery back in, powered up.. see what happens?- no change !!! ???    i'll look at the uefi recovery tool next... frustrating..
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 3:42pm
Switch off the PSU, unplug it and press the CMOS Clear button for > 3 seconds. The Clear CMOS Button has the same function as the Clear CMOS jumper. It is a feature for people who do not want to open the computer case just for making a CMOS reset.

" found out about changing device configuration in bios "
What did you find out and what did you change?

CSM must be disabled to get correct UEFI booting behavior before installing windows 10 on a NVME drive.

Maybe "Fast Boot" is activated? This must be deactive to enter BIOS Setup. There is a nice tool called RestartToUEFI, but you need a running windows for that...
But you cannot enter the bios for installing the OS... Cool situation!

A correct CMOS clear should bring you to the bios setup again.
Switch off the PSU, unplug it, and disconnect all USB and SATA devices from the mainboard.
Press the power button for some seconds and continue with CMOS clear.
If it does not help, remove the CMOS battery for 10 minutes after unplugging the PSU.
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
riido View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 12:45am
friends, got x470 taichi and ryzen 3700x; had asrock do the bios update to 3.50 for me.. board back and started up.. went to install windows 10 but it couldn't find my m2 samsung 970 evo plus.. found out about changing device configuration in bios but now i can turn on and asrock logo shows but f2/del doesn't bring up the bios screen.. not sure how clear bios button works so did it the old way; still no entry into bios.. .. also cpu temp is twice that of the mb; with evga aio in place.. i can work on temps but not until i can access bios... any advice on this ? thanks ahead of time...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic