ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570M Pro4 Thunderbolt AIC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l0rn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by l0rn l0rn wrote:

Originally posted by vassoura vassoura wrote:

I didn't have to do anything, once I reverted back to v1.80 and enabled Thunderbolt support, both M.2 SSDs where detected (they're both PCIe SSDs, not SATA, in my case).

In v1.80, temps and voltages are higher than in v1.90

Contact ASRock support and submit a ticket. They might be able to help and we keep pressure on them.

How did you manage to put two M.2 SSDs in there.... The x570m only has one slot?!

Ok, stupid me missed the slot hidden behind the cooler shield.

I put my SSD in the slot behind that - now i got it working too with BIOS 1.90 ...

So the slot seems to matter. I'm opening a ticket nevertheless
vassoura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassoura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by l0rn l0rn wrote:

I didn't have to do anything, once I reverted back to v1.80 and enabled Thunderbolt support, both M.2 SSDs where detected (they're both PCIe SSDs, not SATA, in my case).

In v1.80, temps and voltages are higher than in v1.90

Contact ASRock support and submit a ticket. They might be able to help and we keep pressure on them.

How did you manage to put two M.2 SSDs in there.... The x570m only has one slot?!

Sorry, but you're mistaken... The X570M Pro4 has two M.2 slots, the other one is under the silver metal heatsink that comes from the soutbridge fan, you just have to unscrew it. It even comes with its own heatsink.

I could also add a 3rd or 4th PCIe SSD using a PCIe adapter like one of these two:

- https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Express-Support-Windows-Speed/dp/B07GP9WLCR
- https://www.amazon.com/QNINE-Adapter-Express-Controller-Expansion/dp/B075MDH28Y/ref=pd_sbs_23_img_2/132-5407745-6345555?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B075MDH28Y&pd_rd_r=fc2cdcd2-a414-44b8-be37-625945561373&pd_rd_w=maAYA&pd_rd_wg=xzOax&pf_rd_p=5cfcfe89-300f-47d2-b1ad-a4e27203a02a&pf_rd_r=XJCHHKTJAQ7PAG5P14A0&psc=1&refRID=XJCHHKTJAQ7PAG5P14A0

X570M Pro4
Ryzen 3900
32GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance LED
RTX2060
1TB SSD Aorus Gen4
500GB Sabrent Rocket Gen4
Raijintek Orcus 360mm
Corsair SF600
vassoura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassoura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 1:21am
So, ASRock support was fantastic, both in terms of answering quickly and finding a solution, they even contacted their BIOS department to check into it.

They did find a solution that works with my hardware setup and they sent me a BIOS file which is yet to be officially released. It's version 1.93 that I share through the link at the bottom.

The link will only be active until October 5th so hurry up! ;-)

It works fantastically! It's stable, allows me to have thunderbolt support enabled in the BIOS and both my SSDs are detected, I can boot into Windows. The idle and load temps are fantastic and the voltages applied where also lowered.

I'll have to keep testing and benchmarking it, but things are looking good so, congrats to ASRock Support and BIOS team!

Do let me know if it works for the rest of the users experiencing the same problem.

[URL= ]https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiPVkDPBwsB7msd6hXONOiXEF9XUww?e=rfxnK0[/URL]
X570M Pro4
Ryzen 3900
RTX2060
1TB SSD Aorus Gen4
Raijintek Orcus 360mm
Corsair SF600
sk8ology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk8ology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 5:53am
I have an X570 Steel Legend and have been trying for days to get Thunderbolt to work while also being able to boot from my dual M.2 drives. I tried all types of settings, different PCI configurations. Purchased different AIC cards, all with no luck. I have the ASrock AIC TB3 R.2 card. I know I set everything the way it's supposed to. So now I'm leaning on a bad BIOS version.

If there's a new BIOS that fixes this, whey hasn't ASRock released it so people like me don't waste tons of time trying to get it to work?!

vassoura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassoura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 7:18am
I've been using the latest official BIOS for my board and it all works...

I had two problems that weren't ASRock's fault:

- My RAM modules weren't officially supported in the 32GB configuration (4x8GB).
- One of my initial PCIe SSDs used the AHCI protocol, not NVME, and that caused conflicts.

All of this made the PC very unstable, with random BSODs, and sometimes, not even posting or detecting the NVME boot drive. I was also experiencing low benchmark scores when they manage to finish.

Check the RAM QVL for your mobo and which protocol your M.2 drives use.

Those are the only possible solutions I can think of... If it keeps refusing to boot or detect your M.2 drives, you should return it.
X570M Pro4
Ryzen 3900
RTX2060
1TB SSD Aorus Gen4
Raijintek Orcus 360mm
Corsair SF600
vassoura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassoura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 7:19am

- My RAM modules weren't officially supported in the 32GB configuration (4x8GB).
- One of my initial PCIe SSDs used the AHCI protocol, not NVME, and that caused conflicts.

All of this made the PC very unstable, with random BSODs, and sometimes, not even posting or detecting the NVME boot drive. I was also experiencing low benchmark scores when they managed to finish.

Those are the only possible solutions I can think of... If it keeps refusing to boot or detect your M.2 drives, you should return it.
X570M Pro4
Ryzen 3900
RTX2060
1TB SSD Aorus Gen4
Raijintek Orcus 360mm
Corsair SF600
sk8ology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk8ology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 9:07am

All of this made the PC very unstable, with random BSODs, and sometimes, not even posting or detecting the NVME boot drive. I was also experiencing low benchmark scores when they managed to finish.

Nice! I really appreciate the quick response! Thanks for the tips. Sure sounds like you know your stuff!!

I'm not in front of my computer right now. It's at work but I have remote access. I built a custom rig for my company for 4k Video Editing. Hence the importance of TB3. We're ditching all our old (non-4k) Mac's and I'm building us a fleet of custom rigs. This is the first build of many. So far the machine runs great.

I have 2 Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2 1TB as the boot drive. Another 1TB Samsung 860 SSD connected through 1 of the sata ports along with a few big slow/cold storage drives. We also have a 300TB SAN that we connect over 10GbE and an old array of Promise Vtraks as our Apple XSAN. We daisy-chained 7 to give us a bit over 100TB, but we're in the process of getting rid of that and replacing it with the 300TB SAN. We've been using the XSAN for almost 10 years now!! It's still chugging along, but it's on its last leg.

Here's a short summary of my rig;
OS Name     Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version     10.0.18363 Build 18363
Other OS Description      Not Available
OS Manufacturer     Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer     To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model     To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Type     x64-based PC
System SKU     To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Processor     AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor, 3800 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date     American Megatrends Inc. P2.20, 11/26/2019
SMBIOS Version     3.2
Embedded Controller Version     255.255
BIOS Mode     UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer     ASRock
BaseBoard Product     X570 Steel Legend
BaseBoard Version     
Platform Role     Desktop
Secure Boot State     Off
PCR7 Configuration     Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory     C:\Windows
System Directory     C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device     \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale     United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer     Version = "10.0.18362.628"
User Name     Not Available
Time Zone     Central Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)     64.0 GB
G.SKILL Flare X Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16Q-64GFX
Total Physical Memory     63.9 GB
Available Physical Memory     56.4 GB
Total Virtual Memory     73.4 GB
Available Virtual Memory     63.5 GB
Page File Space     9.50 GB
Page File     C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection     Off
Virtualization-based security     Not enabled
Device Encryption Support     Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions     Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions     Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware     Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection     Yes

I exported my full [URL=https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t55KYOQbz4V5O4M_uub4jTfcsTIdJX9u/view?usp=sharing]System Report[/URL]. Do you see anything that jumps out that would be causing the problem? I'll also get a hold of ASRock support and see what they can do for me.
sk8ology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk8ology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 1:07am
I messaged ASRock support and they said they can't help me. They said to contact my dealer, which is Amazon and I doubt they'll know what to do, or to look here for help. That's pretty bogus if you ask me. I replied with an upset message stating it's imperative that they help since our organization is impacted until we get this fixed. Hopefully, they listen to my plea for help.

C'mon @asrock
vassoura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassoura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 2:40am
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570%20Steel%20Legend/index.asp#MemoryMS

If you take a look at this AsRock support page for your board and where the Qualified Vendor List (QVL) for the memory are stated, if you choose G.Skill, you'll notice that your current RAM isn't supported...

Ryzen 3000 processors have much better compatibility with different DDR4 modules, but you should still choose one compatible with your specific board. I experienced the same problem. The 16GB configuration (2x8GB) was compatible and it booted, but once I used all four slots of the mobo in a 32GB (4x8GB) configuration, it refused to boot or even detect my Thunderbolt 3 expansion card. The 16GB (2x8GB)config was supported, the 32GB (4x8GB) wasn't...

I advise you to experiment one of the supported modules in 64GB (4x16GB) configuration. You have many diferent choices, vendors, RAM speeds, etc. In the aforementioned page, sort it by "Size" and then tale a look at the "DIMM Socket Support" to see if the board can handle two or four sticks.

You also stated that you use two SSDs as boot drives. Are they using any sort of RAID? If so, did you ever manage to boot the PC and install the RAID driver?

Do check all of this, but I think your problems lays with your chosen RAM modules, they're not supported by your mobtherboard.

The best of luck to you!

X570M Pro4
Ryzen 3900
RTX2060
1TB SSD Aorus Gen4
Raijintek Orcus 360mm
Corsair SF600
vassoura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassoura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 2:43am
Originally posted by sk8ology sk8ology wrote:

I messaged ASRock support and they said they can't help me. They said to contact my dealer, which is Amazon and I doubt they'll know what to do, or to look here for help. That's pretty bogus if you ask me. I replied with an upset message stating it's imperative that they help since our organization is impacted until we get this fixed. Hopefully, they listen to my plea for help.

C'mon @asrock

Your RAM modules only work in a 16GB (2x8GB) configuration, and even then, only 8GB sticks, not 16GB sticks...
X570M Pro4
Ryzen 3900
RTX2060
1TB SSD Aorus Gen4
Raijintek Orcus 360mm
Corsair SF600
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic